Author Topic: Embarrassed to Ask - Line Command  (Read 2559 times)

craigr

Embarrassed to Ask - Line Command
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
Honestly, I don't even know how to Google this......

First off, I HAVE looked thru the help file, and I'm sure it is there, I simply can't find it.

My question - During the line command, my system is set to once I have a starting point, I simply move my crosshairs in the direction I want my line then give the distance I want my line.

I need the variable to change this to where I have to give the coordinates for both ends of the line, then me coordinates for my next point, etc...

I used to know this variable, but haven't used it in so long, I forgot it.

craigr

Nibster

Re: Embarrassed to Ask - Line Command
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:33:00 PM »
I don't know if it is related or not, but I upgraded recently and discovered that 'dynamic input' was turned off.  Took me FOREVER to remember why previous behavior wasn't working right!  (very similar to what you are wanting)

otherwise, second guess is either something to do with the "@" or "#" preceding the distance or coordinates

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 03:36:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you just type in the coordinates with a comma separating them, it will work. At least it does with my settings.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »
second

coordinate pairs
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

craigr

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »
The # symbol is what I was looking for.

Like I said, I am embarrassed that I couldn't remember the #. - I did know the @ symbol, but that is what I have now.

But, it used to be that there was a variable that would toggle between the modes.

@Rob - The way mine is set since install, once you give the initial point, any coordinates that you give will only go that far. If I start a line at 20,20 and simply type 0,0 / enter, it draws a line of 0 length. BUT, if I type #0,0 it will draw the other end of the line to the coordinates of 0,0.

craigr

Thanks

craigr

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »
second

coordinate pairs

I don't understand your post.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

craigr

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 04:17:49 PM »
I don't know if it is related or not, but I upgraded recently and discovered that 'dynamic input' was turned off.  Took me FOREVER to remember why previous behavior wasn't working right!  (very similar to what you are wanting)

otherwise, second guess is either something to do with the "@" or "#" preceding the distance or coordinates

Dog-gone-it!!

I IS the Dynamic Input! - I thought that mine was already off and that I had just turned it On. But mine line behavior remained the same. So, I figured your suggestion wasn't the culprit. But, after re-reading your post, I decided to turn it off, just to see what was different and sure enough, if made my line entry as I was looking for.

Thanks again, and many thanks to all for your additional ideas.

craigr

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 04:32:46 PM »
second

coordinate pairs

I don't understand your post.
you got it now...so it's OK
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Nibster

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 11:43:10 AM »

Dog-gone-it!!

I IS the Dynamic Input! - I thought that mine was already off and that I had just turned it On. But mine line behavior remained the same. So, I figured your suggestion wasn't the culprit. But, after re-reading your post, I decided to turn it off, just to see what was different and sure enough, if made my line entry as I was looking for.

Thanks again, and many thanks to all for your additional ideas.

craigr
:yay!: