Author Topic: Object transparency during copy command  (Read 1272 times)

montyLalor

• Mosquito
  • Native of Lothal
Object transparency during copy command
« on: January 21, 2016, 10:41:14 PM »
If my memory serves me correctly, I'm sure that in acad2015 the copied object, while in the command (with mode set to multiple), would transparent the source object and give you a copy that itself was transparent until placed, whereby it would revert to the solid appearance of its source object (or whatever setting the source object had). Then the source object would revert to its display setting once the copy command was exited.

With 2016, only the move command does this, and even then, only with certain objects. The copy command seems to act the way the objects were displayed, mid-copy command, in acad2014.

Am I imagining things, or has anyone else notice any difference here?

I cannot compare the two versions as I refreshed my Win7 install before upgrading to 2016 suite.
Learnt AutoCAD when it was V12 for DOS...
Working it full time for about a decade...   ...currently using 2020...
Why does it seem like my knowledge of this program maneuvers with the eloquence of a fiery wall of disintegrating fuselage?

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Object transparency during copy command
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 07:19:48 AM »
2016:
Copy command shows the source object solid and highlighted and the floating object appears "normal" like it will when it is placed. Move shows the object in the original location but it is grayed out. The floating object(s) appear as they will on placement.

2014:
Shows source object highlighted for both commands and the floating object appears "normal".

The only difference I see is in the source object. In 2016, it gets grayed out for move.
CAD Tech