Author Topic: Code Blocks in Dynamo  (Read 1670 times)

hudster

• Gator
Code Blocks in Dynamo
« on: January 20, 2016, 11:21:21 am »
A nice article explaining the use of Code blocks in Dynamo to replace strings, formulas etc.

http://dynamobim.com/cbns-for-dummies/
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Code Blocks in Dynamo
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:40:52 am »
I have yet to see anything I could use Dynamo for on the MEP side of things (other than maybe extracting info to Excel). I think they'd frown upon spiral duct systems or conduits in the shape of a cow.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great for architects to be able to perform some iterative designs quickly. It certainly has it's place.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Autodesk Revit Architecture, Structure, MEP Mechanical and MEP Electrical Certified Professional
Building Performance Analysis Certified (BPAC v3.0)
Autodesk Navisworks 2014 Essentials

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:20 am »
I have yet to see anything I could use Dynamo for on the MEP side of things (other than maybe extracting info to Excel).

I'm in MEP side and I can see lots of benefits, anything repetitive can be done with Dynamo.

We are currently looking at
    Copy/Monitoring Levels
    Creating views with added templates
    Creating Sheets
    Creating Worksets
    Creating Spaces from Rooms
    Schedules

Also I've used it to copy parameters from a linked architects model to an excel sheet, then copied that sheet back into our model, but populating our shared parameter information.

What I'm aiming for is a set of Dynamo scripts which can set up a project for us, quickly. all our standards in place by running a few scripts sounds good to me.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »
I have yet to see anything I could use Dynamo for on the MEP side of things (other than maybe extracting info to Excel).

I'm in MEP side and I can see lots of benefits, anything repetitive can be done with Dynamo.

Copy/Monitoring Levels
    Creating Sheets
    Creating Worksets
    Schedules

Also I've used it to copy parameters from a linked architects model to an excel sheet, then copied that sheet back into our model, but populating our shared parameter information.

What I'm aiming for is a set of Dynamo scripts which can set up a project for us, quickly. all our standards in place by running a few scripts sounds good to me.
I have a central model template model set up that has schedules, worksets, levels already in it. Placing spaces is easy enough using the place automatically function.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Autodesk Revit Architecture, Structure, MEP Mechanical and MEP Electrical Certified Professional

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 01:34:53 pm »

Copy/Monitoring Levels
    Creating Sheets
    Creating Worksets
    Schedules

Take a look at the AU site and search for class # AS10613. Marcello Sgambelluri has a lot of really cool examples in there. Also, search for his name on the site for other Dynamo classes he taught.
Autodesk Expert Elite