Author Topic: (2) Centerpoints...Mystery to me  (Read 1733 times)

T-Square

(2) Centerpoints...Mystery to me
« on: January 15, 2016, 04:56:22 PM »
Hello All,

A complete mystery to me and I may be seriously missing something here.

So, the attached block is a log end I am using for elevations. Here is how I created it.

13" circle.
flat line at the bottom(dimension is irrelevant)
Polygon with 32 sides inscribed in the circle.
Trimmed the polygon at the flat line of the circle and moved it's loose endpoints to the endpoints of the flat line.
Line from each end of the polygon
Wipeout made from the polygon and then erased the original polygon.
Wipeout draworder to the back.

Now, when I try and pick the center of the circle...two centers appear. The first centerpoint is above the middle of the block. The second centerpoint appears when you drop your cursor for selection of the centerpoint below the middle of the block.

Where is the second "centerpoint" coming from?

AutoCAD dwg V10.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: (2) Centerpoints...Mystery to me
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
One is from the polyline the lower and wipeout upper.

Freeze the layer your wipeout is on and then you will only get 1 center point.

T-Square

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 05:29:01 PM »
That is what I am doing.

What I don't understand is why the "polyline" has a centerpoint. The key question...they are lines formed into a polyline, not arcs or circles. If the wipeout is only made of lines formed into a polyline...why is there a center point?

Just attached the block...exploded. So when you select "centerpoint" from the arc/line, you get the centerpoint of the arc. When you select "centerpoint" of the wipeout...you get a centerpoint. The wipeout was created from a polygon...aka lines. I thought you could not create wipeouts from arcs which is why I used an "inscribed polygon". There should not be any "centerpoints" in the polygon.

What am I missing? hahahahaha
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:35:19 PM by T-Square »

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 05:37:37 PM »
The polyline has one from the arc and 32 sided polygon does not have a center point, but if you convert it to a wipeout then it will, not sure why it does.

T-Square

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 06:48:52 PM »
Thanks Jeff. Must be a 2 in all those 1's and 0's somewhere. It's not something that I can't deal with via "wipeout/frames" or the layer I put the wipeouts on, just thought it was weird that something with "supposed" lines only had a centerpoint.

Line and circles. :-)