Author Topic: DIM LINE COLOR  (Read 2415 times)

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
  • Push limits, embrace success, & discard failure.
DIM LINE COLOR
« on: January 07, 2016, 05:26:13 PM »
Hey guys,

Having some issues with leader colors.  I am using a clients CAD standards and trying to force something to plot in RED/Redish  One of the CTB colors (20) plots RED, but then my text is unreadable because the lines are fat.  So I tried instead to force all the RED linework to true color 253,0,0.  This worked except the leaders. 

I had to go in and set the DIM LINE COLOR to 20.  This forces the leaders to print redish but FAT.  So I tried to do the same above and set the DIME LINE COLOR for the leaders to true color 253,0,0 and it plots black... well I looked at the properties and it rolled back to RED which plots black.

Is there any way to get the leader to plot the TRUE RGB color 253,0,0?

Is there some default setting that forces the DIM LINE COLOR to the 1 thru 255?

I am very  trainable....   (forgive my spelling)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: DIM LINE COLOR
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 05:49:42 PM »
doesn't look like that....

OFF TOPIC

your signature line...

disguard failure - me thinks that should be discard failrure - or do you want to disregard failures?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 06:00:56 PM »
OFF TOPIC...

When it happens more than once  I'll change it from from failure to failures...  I'm just so darn good. ya know...   

Ok so your ultimatly suggesting that I modify the dimstyle instead of the individual properties...  the problem with that is that I have other leaders in the drawing that I want to be "Normal" and some "RED"  If I change the dimstyle they will all be "RED".  This is not the look I'm going for. 

Currently when I set the DIM LINE COLOR to true color 253,0,0  it rolls back to RED(1)aka (255,0,0)  which plots BLACK.
If you look at the picture.. I have changed them to color 20, but then the leader lines are FAT.. This is undesirable.

danallen

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »
are you plotting CTB or STB? I recall that if you change entities from ACI colors (1-255) to RGB when plotting with CTB, then you end up with default lineweight. Try adjusting that to be thinner.

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »
I'm stuck with CTB
Heard great things about STB, but have not familiarized myself with it, because all of our clients use CTB.

For the items I want in RED, I have changed the color to RGB 253,0,0  but this does not work for leaders.  for leaders you have to change the DIM LINE COLOR.  However when I try to change the dim line color to 253,0,0 it defaults back to ACI (1) RED = 255,0,0

and consequently it prints BLACK  as (1) or red in the CTB table plots BLACK.

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 06:43:11 PM »
I tried to duplicate the existing DIM style provided by the client and change the colors in the dimstyle to 255,0,0  and named it CLIENT_RED

THis did seem to work nicely... just wont' past the CAD STANDARDS checker.  I.E. new/nonstandard dimstyle.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 07:36:56 AM »
THis did seem to work nicely... just wont' past the CAD STANDARDS checker.  I.E. new/nonstandard dimstyle.

Add it to the standard.
CAD Tech

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 10:31:39 AM »
I don't have that right.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 10:41:02 AM »
Are you allowed to let some things that are not in the standard slip? If not, then the standard may need to be amended through the proper channels.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »
OFF TOPIC...

When it happens more than once  I'll change it from from failure to failures...  I'm just so darn good. ya know...   

Then you will either want to DISCARD failure
or DISREGARD it
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 10:46:49 AM »
I tried to duplicate the existing DIM style provided by the client and change the colors in the dimstyle to 255,0,0  and named it CLIENT_RED

Two styles..and add the new working one to the standard....or just accept that it will be reported as 'wrong' when checking standards for this project.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell