Author Topic: Layout of text/leaders  (Read 5875 times)

hyposmurf

Layout of text/leaders
« on: May 08, 2005, 06:24:40 AM »
This screenshot of a drawing, what would you say looks best having the text all justified to one side of the drawing with the leaders crossing the drawing(right side) or to add the text/leader where it best fits (left side)? I find that the text seems to look neater all justified but you end up with tatty leaders crossing the drawing.How do you do it?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Layout of text/leaders
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 07:50:46 AM »
I have a big problem with clarity on the drawings when I place them all along one side with leaders running every which way. I like to use the stacked text, justified and lind up whenever possible, but sometimes it is impractical. What I do is create seveal blocks of these notes where needed and either right justify or left justify as needed. However when it is impractical to do so, I simply place the note where it is convenient and clear.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Layout of text/leaders
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 05:00:06 AM »
All my text is left justified, it doesnt matter what side of the drawing it is on (Its the way I was taught on the drawing board maanny years ago, also I find it easier to read that  way).
I like to line my notes up on both sides of the drawing, but sometimes the note has to be placed in the drawing itself (we try to avoid this wherever possible)
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
Layout of text/leaders
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 12:18:42 PM »
Quote from: jonesy
All my text is left justified, it doesnt matter what side of the drawing it is on (Its the way I was taught on the drawing board maanny years ago, also I find it easier to read that  way).
I like to line my notes up on both sides of the drawing, but sometimes the note has to be placed in the drawing itself (we try to avoid this wherever possible)

I have to agree. That was the way I was taught to draft way back when we had to use something called a 'T-Square'! LOL
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

CADaver

Layout of text/leaders
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 01:03:41 PM »
all text is left justified, except titles which are middle-center

notes are placed near the object they are noting and leaders are kept as short as practical.

leaders attach to the end of the sentence, so that a leader that goes from the note to the left is at the first line, first word and a leader from a note to the right is at the last line last word.

t-bear

Layout of text/leaders
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 02:42:57 PM »
Like CADaver only we justify right on the left and left on the right (NOT how I was taught...Co. Std.)