Author Topic: 2016: DWG to PDF  (Read 8237 times)

CADbloke

• Bull Frog
  • Crash Test Dummy
Re: 2016: DWG to PDF
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »
I have been using PDF-Xchange for a long time with good results. In earlier versions of AutoCAD (2013 and before) it consistently produced better and much smaller PDFs and it is much faster. It's also much more configurable.

I use a PDF.pc3 file so I can swap out the PDF printer at a later date (in theory). I also use Plotter.pc3 and A3.pc3 for the same reason, also because I use various set-ups in for various clients. Swapping them out always seems to be much harder than it should be but ... AutoCAD.

Confession: I'm still using v2013 so I can't comment on the newer versions and PDF.

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »
We have also been using PDF-Xchange with very good results. Don't remember when we first got it but working on Civil 3d 2016 now with no issues. We have a very similar setup to what CADbloke described.

Cathy

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 04:18:11 PM »
Have you saved a .pc3 file with everything unchecked?  Are you using that pc3 file as your PDF Preset? 

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 04:25:01 PM »
Have you saved a .pc3 file with everything unchecked?  Are you using that pc3 file as your PDF Preset?

Yes, and yes.

There have been multiple instances where despite everything being unchecked, some have made their way into the resultant PDF file(s), and only after changing OTHER 2016 PDF drivers, and unrelated Command settings were the saved settings observed.

Additional info here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/printing-and-plotting/2016-dwg-to-pdf/td-p/5972426

[Edit] - I should note that in the above linked thread, I did create a formal case as suggested, which Bryce subsequently closed without a single email, post, etc. letting me know why - and to boot, absolutely nothing was ever done to rectify the issues I demonstrated.

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."