Author Topic: Block walls with footings?  (Read 4933 times)

scndyr

Block walls with footings?
« on: May 07, 2005, 11:15:38 PM »
I am just learning this ADT 2004 and have a problem with the frost footing being shown when connecting to a 8' wall
and I was told by the instructor to just ignore it but when I print the drawing the frost footing shows inside of the block wall is anyway to fix this?

After drawing plans by hand it would be nice to fix this one item, and be warned I'm sure i will have plenty more questions for uses guys.
( learned that phrase USES GUYS) from going to school in South St Paul many years ago).

Am I being to fussy or is my age showing?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 12:21:20 AM »
I am only versed in ADT 3.3 on 2002, so what I say might not hold true for 2004 ... anyway, in the style settings you should be able to manipulate the visibility of certain aspects of the AEC object by opening up the Slab Styles ... I believe it is AECSLABSTYLE

In the resulting windows, double click on the slab style you are using, select the display property tab, then select either the system settings or the custom overrides and turn off the component you don't want to be visible.

If you can post a file or screenshot showing exactly what you are talking about we might be able to offer more guidance.

Oh .. and welcome to the swamp
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

scndyr

AECSLABSTYLE
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 05:00:21 AM »
Thanks
I will try this Monday as far as posting a picture I will have to wait till Monday also.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 06:58:20 PM »
skaul says:

The problem seems to be fixed.

Im not really sure what or how it was fixed. I will let you know if i do find out why.

Thank you.

http://www.theswamp.org/screens/skaul/footing.png
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org