Author Topic: PopUp Check Boxes with Drawing  (Read 2909 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
PopUp Check Boxes with Drawing
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:13:53 AM »
I have been looking for a way to implement check lists within drawings. I have created a word doc that has what needs to be shown on a title sheet. Is there a way that I can transfer that check list to a drawing so I can check off the items that need to be on the check list?
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: PopUp Check Boxes with Drawing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 11:59:07 AM »
sure....one could link a spreadsheet to a table on a Layout or somewhere in modelspace....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 12:04:55 PM »
Ok I can follow that. Let me brainstorm on that idea. Thanks a bunch!
Civil3D 2020

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
Ok I have been thinking about this alittle bit more. How hard would it be to create a DCL Interface that has a list with check marks next to them, then in the drawing it can retain the values that are checked next time the drawing is opened by myself or another machine?
Civil3D 2020

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »
If this check list is static, why don't you just create a table & insert it in the drawing? Add a column where you place an 'X' when you finish the task.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 10:50:26 AM »
Is it purely standards based or a check list of things to do?

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 10:59:38 AM »
Here are some of the things I am thinking. Right now we just came up with a list that things need to be on each drawing. I was thinking of a way a user types in a command, up pops a box with the items that need to be on that sheet. The user can check box or what ever to say that the item is on the sheet.

Maybe I can create an invisible attributed block that can have the list and store the check boxes of what is currently done in the drawing.

As the user saves the file it can be opened by someone else to see where the previous user left off.

I get the table idea. User will need to zoom to table and copy the (X) down. But the user will need to remember and not to delete the table accidently.

I get the excel link table, but I do not think with that type of lag in each drawing is smart.

Still thinking...
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »
Ok I have been thinking about this alittle bit more. How hard would it be to create a DCL Interface that has a list with check marks next to them, then in the drawing it can retain the values that are checked next time the drawing is opened by myself or another machine?
Linked Table will do this
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 11:05:41 AM »
Here are some of the things I am thinking. Right now we just came up with a list that things need to be on each drawing. I was thinking of a way a user types in a command, up pops a box with the items that need to be on that sheet. The user can check box or what ever to say that the item is on the sheet.

Maybe I can create an invisible attributed block that can have the list and store the check boxes of what is currently done in the drawing.

As the user saves the file it can be opened by someone else to see where the previous user left off.

I get the table idea. User will need to zoom to table and copy the (X) down. But the user will need to remember and not to delete the table accidently.

I get the excel link table, but I do not think with that type of lag in each drawing is smart.

Still thinking...
Put on it's own LAYOUT TAB
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
Catching a case of the clevers here: each entry in the list is a dynamic block insert.  Attribute for what is to be checked off, visibility state for a checked/not checked box.  Content of block constructed to be constructed such that the not-checked visibility state objects are on a plotting layer, checked-state objects are on a non-plotting layer.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »
hey, you might be on to something.... That is genius.
Civil3D 2020

jvillarreal

• Bull Frog
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »
Mark's MyXNotes.lsp routine comes to mind.