Author Topic: Pressure Pipe Networks - Updating Network Vertically  (Read 2792 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Pressure Pipe Networks - Updating Network Vertically
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:58:30 AM »
I am playing around with the pressure pipe network. Is the Pipe Network linked to the surface? (So when the surface updates, so does the pressure pipe network automatically?)

I understand how to create the network, just what would be the easiest way to update the verticals? (Especially if the rules are set at a 3.0 min and 3.0 max).

Thanks for any input guys.
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Pressure Pipe Networks - Updating Network Vertically
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:41:10 AM »
yes a Pressure network is 'linked' to a surface IF you assign a surface for the rule to use.

You will discover some ill effects from this....mostly if the surface has bad elevations and or snapping to wrong Z

also there is no similar tool for pressure networks, like gravity pipes for Apply Rules to update a network.

from help:

Important: When pressure network parts do not have an associated reference surface, or if the parts are located outside the boundary of their reference surface, the validation system will display one of the following messages:
Some or all of the selected parts were not validated because they do not have a reference surface.
Some or all of the selected parts were not validated because they are located outside the boundary of the reference surface.
Minimum Depth of Cover
Checks the pressure network for the specified minimum depth. Pressure networks that are too shallow are flagged with solution tips.
Maximum Depth of Cover
Checks the pressure network for the specified maximum depth. Pressure networks that are too deep are flagged with solution tips.

so it doesn't FIX issues it only flags them, whereas gravity networks ARE fixed for depth violations (just not min/max length rules)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:58:44 AM »
ok. I have created a pressure network called GAS_Pressure and Water_Pressure, I have a pipe network called GAS and Water.

Like I said, I was hoping that I could either link the parts to the surface and then data reference them out to profiles. but not have to edit the parts them selves each time the surface would change in a certain area.
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 09:21:02 AM »
ok. I have created a pressure network called GAS_Pressure and Water_Pressure, I have a pipe network called GAS and Water.

Like I said, I was hoping that I could either link the parts to the surface and then data reference them out to profiles. but not have to edit the parts them selves each time the surface would change in a certain area.

Just another marvelous opportunity lost by autodesk to actually make a feature do what we really need it to do....thank someone on subscription for their lack of responsiveness to customer needs.  You know because it is far more cool to add interesting features to other apps, just because they can, all the while ignoring the core product we use.  Because they are so cool like that.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:04 AM »
We'll I just thought if I could use a feature line and raise lower, then convert over to a network, but then I have to do all my crossings! lol. So true. SO TRUE!
Civil3D 2020