Author Topic: Select everything within a boundry  (Read 1321 times)

MickkeJ

Select everything within a boundry
« on: October 25, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »
Hi!
I'm looking for a lisp routine that will help me select everything within a specific boundary. I sometimes set up lasercutting files and when working with landscapes you often have paths and other things that needs to be included in the slice between the two height levels/lines. It can be a pain to manually select everything within a heightlevel to include it in the slice.

I'm not entirely sure how this would work and it might not work at all but I do imagine something like this:
You click once in your drawing between two heightlevels and that would select everything that is not locked within those lines. The difficult thing is to get the computer to realize what layers to select and what layers are to be the boundary's. Maybe locked layers can be boundary's and unlocked ones can be the selected ones? Note: the lines can be either polylines or just regular lines/archs.

Like I said: I have not seen any lisps like this so it might not work but it would be awesome if it did.   

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: Select everything within a boundry
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:49:01 AM »
Perhaps you could show us an example dwg or something. I do not understand what you are looking at when you say 'heightlevels'.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Select everything within a boundry
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 08:36:11 AM »
set up a view...set front and back clipping plans to top and bottom elevation limits...

and or

section plane as volume....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/