Author Topic: Gradient Hatch using Pantone Color Books  (Read 3726 times)

daron

Gradient Hatch using Pantone Color Books
« on: December 30, 2003, 11:00:39 AM »
Has anybody used this with any success. I have a small hatch area that any time I zoom in on it, it freezes cad in a strange way. I can close and save or do any number of things at the command line, except the functions don't do anything. It just sits there. I used a two color pantone book scheme and sometimes it freezes immediately and other times it acts okay, but freezes acad a short time later and only if I'm panning or zooming with the object in view and up close. I checked for service packs, they don't seem to address this issue. I tried recover. Found no errors.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 11:23:40 AM »
If I had to guess I would say it's a graphics card driver issue.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

hyposmurf

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 11:44:21 AM »
Maybe a video card display problem?Anything in your error log file?Hatches used to cause crashes just like yours in the older versions of AutoCAD but that was when you zoomed/panned in and out of complex hatch patterns.Have you tried updating your mouse & video drivers?

daron

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 12:03:59 PM »
Video card is a brand new wildcat 4. Windows XP usually picks up the latest driver. As far as mouse driver goes, logitech trackmanFX. I'm not sure about that one. I'll look into my display driver though. Thanks.