Author Topic: Acad 2014 doesn't find LTYPESHP.SHX  (Read 20604 times)

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: Acad 2014 doesn't find LTYPESHP.SHX
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
In other words, My AutoCAD has an issue with the file name "ltypeshp.shx" not the file

See, obviously you're just not drinking enough.  Or I'm not.  Damn I hope that kumquat tequila is ready soon....
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 09:28:24 AM »

In other words, My AutoCAD has an issue with the file name "ltypeshp.shx" not the file

I know how it feels.  I have a issue with you calling yourself a Ted.    :P :whistling: ;D
Well at least I don't obscure the truth with an ambiguous username  :P
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »
Shameless plug but you could just make a waaayyy cooler linetype that does not rely on shapes :)
Cool man.
I agree, I tend to use line types with standard text styles/fonts, but this is someone else's drawing, probably why I didn't have an issue until now.

An UPDATE on my last post, to hopefully help troubleshoot the actual problem..

If I keep the renamed "ltypeshp1.shx" in my support folder and change the name of that file in the Acad.lin file for the (5) line types using that file, it works!

That is strange that renaming the the file fixes the problem. It sounds to me like you have a messed up file somewhere.Have you tried putting "C:\\Users\\<Username>\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad 20XX\\rXX.X\\enu\\support\\ltypeshp.shx" at the top of your support paths ?

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 11:26:06 AM »
Thanks ronjonp, I tried changing/repathing that, didn't help or change.

I did however, find this thread which I believe solved my problem.

For some reason, I had a handful of text styles loaded in my default template (that I don't know where they came from), one of which was looking for "ltypeshp.shx". And so that seemed to be tripping up any other drawing I worked on

Once I deleted that from my drawing (and template), restarted AutoCAD, everything works as it should with the line types and shape files.

Hope this helps someone, more to follow I assume.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
Glad you got it sorted :)

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

wkiernan

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:26 AM »
The LTYPESHP.SHX that comes with AutoCAD is a shape file, not a text font file.  If you load a drawing where a text style incorrectly uses LTYPESHP.SHX, then from that point on until you exit out and restart AutoCAD, in every drawing you open, AutoCAD will not read LTYPESHP.SHX correctly.  For example, I open this drawing called WKS_COPY.DWG and as it loads I get an error message reading

ltypeshp.shx is a shape file, not a text font file.

Now I open a second drawing called BR.DWG, where there are complex linetypes that use the shapes defined in LTYPESHP.SHX.  One of them is a linetype for a fence line that ordinarily shows a line with little circles in it, like this: ----O-----O-----O----  where the little circles are shapes. But since I had opened that other drawing first which incorrectly tried to use LTYPESHP.SHX as a text font, in the second drawing BR.DWG, those linetypes are displayed without the circles: -----  ------  ------  ---- .  The only way I have figured out to make those linetypes display properly in BR.DWG is to exit out and restart AutoCAD, and open BR.DWG first before I open WKS_COPY.DWG. I see this behavior in AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD 2016.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
The LTYPESHP.SHX that comes with AutoCAD is a shape file, not a text font file.  If you load a drawing where a text style incorrectly uses LTYPESHP.SHX, then from that point on until you exit out and restart AutoCAD, in every drawing you open, AutoCAD will not read LTYPESHP.SHX correctly.  For example, I open this drawing called WKS_COPY.DWG and as it loads I get an error message reading

Now I open a second drawing called BR.DWG, where there are complex linetypes that use the shapes defined in LTYPESHP.SHX.  One of them is a linetype for a fence line that ordinarily shows a line with little circles in it, like this: ----O-----O-----O----  where the little circles are shapes. But since I had opened that other drawing first which incorrectly tried to use LTYPESHP.SHX as a text font, in the second drawing BR.DWG, those linetypes are displayed without the circles: -----  ------  ------  ---- .  The only way I have figured out to make those linetypes display properly in BR.DWG is to exit out and restart AutoCAD, and open BR.DWG first before I open WKS_COPY.DWG. I see this behavior in AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD 2016.

check your fontalt setting
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 11:39:05 AM »

Boom ---> This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is what I came to say (red bold is mine)