CAD Forums > CAD General

Acad 2014 doesn't find LTYPESHP.SHX

<< < (5/5)

wkiernan:
The LTYPESHP.SHX that comes with AutoCAD is a shape file, not a text font file.  If you load a drawing where a text style incorrectly uses LTYPESHP.SHX, then from that point on until you exit out and restart AutoCAD, in every drawing you open, AutoCAD will not read LTYPESHP.SHX correctly.  For example, I open this drawing called WKS_COPY.DWG and as it loads I get an error message reading

ltypeshp.shx is a shape file, not a text font file.

Now I open a second drawing called BR.DWG, where there are complex linetypes that use the shapes defined in LTYPESHP.SHX.  One of them is a linetype for a fence line that ordinarily shows a line with little circles in it, like this: ----O-----O-----O----  where the little circles are shapes. But since I had opened that other drawing first which incorrectly tried to use LTYPESHP.SHX as a text font, in the second drawing BR.DWG, those linetypes are displayed without the circles: -----  ------  ------  ---- .  The only way I have figured out to make those linetypes display properly in BR.DWG is to exit out and restart AutoCAD, and open BR.DWG first before I open WKS_COPY.DWG. I see this behavior in AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD 2016.

mjfarrell:

--- Quote from: wkiernan on October 16, 2017, 09:02:26 AM ---The LTYPESHP.SHX that comes with AutoCAD is a shape file, not a text font file.  If you load a drawing where a text style incorrectly uses LTYPESHP.SHX, then from that point on until you exit out and restart AutoCAD, in every drawing you open, AutoCAD will not read LTYPESHP.SHX correctly.  For example, I open this drawing called WKS_COPY.DWG and as it loads I get an error message reading

Now I open a second drawing called BR.DWG, where there are complex linetypes that use the shapes defined in LTYPESHP.SHX.  One of them is a linetype for a fence line that ordinarily shows a line with little circles in it, like this: ----O-----O-----O----  where the little circles are shapes. But since I had opened that other drawing first which incorrectly tried to use LTYPESHP.SHX as a text font, in the second drawing BR.DWG, those linetypes are displayed without the circles: -----  ------  ------  ---- .  The only way I have figured out to make those linetypes display properly in BR.DWG is to exit out and restart AutoCAD, and open BR.DWG first before I open WKS_COPY.DWG. I see this behavior in AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD 2016.

--- End quote ---

check your fontalt setting

rkmcswain:

--- Quote from: wkiernan on October 16, 2017, 09:02:26 AM ---The LTYPESHP.SHX that comes with AutoCAD is a shape file, not a text font file.  If you load a drawing where a text style incorrectly uses LTYPESHP.SHX, then from that point on until you exit out and restart AutoCAD, in every drawing you open, AutoCAD will not read LTYPESHP.SHX correctly.  For example, I open this drawing called WKS_COPY.DWG and as it loads I get an error message reading

--- End quote ---

Boom ---> This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is what I came to say (red bold is mine)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version