Poll

Would you like a VBA Tutorial?

Yes
18 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 03, 2005, 12:10:08 PM

Author Topic: How about a Tutorial  (Read 10731 times)

whdjr

How about a Tutorial
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:10:08 PM »
Ok...we need a Teacher to sign up...

Oak3s

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:37:17 PM »
-raising his hand-
i would love to see a tutorial. i just finished my first exercise in VBA. ;) i changed my osmode from 0 to 71. it was pretty fun.
also, in raising my hand i dedicate my 100th post to thanking everyone who makes theSwamp a special place.

daron

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:39:57 PM »
You're welcome.

BAshworth

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 12:46:49 PM »
What kind of thing would you like to see?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
How about a Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 01:19:23 PM »
I would like to see an introduction course on how to call/use separate functions. i.e. Private Subs and such.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

BAshworth

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 01:45:38 PM »
Quote from: Mark Thomas
I would like to see an introduction course on how to call/use separate functions. i.e. Private Subs and such.

Kind of a rundown on the differences between Private, Public, Static, etc... and when/how to use a Sub versus a Function?

Oak3s

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 01:54:46 PM »
at the moment i have this book ~AutoCAD 2004 VBA - A programmer's referenceand~ i try to follow it as much as possible. what im finding hard is its not basic enough....for me that is :oops:  i would like to see something broken down for TheSwamp users like the lisp course. i know these things take time and talent so i dont know if a request for such a thing would be accepted or acceptable for that matter. but i would very much appreciate the source of knowledge and the opprotunity to endulge in the language......basicly, if someone would find gratification in sharing there know-how with me and its free....i am interested. especially when it could make my job faster, and more accurate....and free like i already said. i am interested.

whdjr

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 02:10:49 PM »
How about: "Where do I start?".

ELOQUINTET

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 02:29:23 PM »
yeah i'd be interested in a vba tutorial as well so i vote yes also

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
How about a Tutorial
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 02:39:06 PM »
OK, I guess I'll go public with what I'm doing.  Jonesy had expressed an intrest a while back to learn VBA, and since no one jumped on it, I said I would help her.  I'm putting together a small do-it-your-self-at-your-own-pace seminar based on what I know. (Which isn't much, but I tried to help)
I am currently putting together what I call a primer which starts with some concepts needed that I learned from VB, and apply that to VBA
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

daron

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
CmdrDuh, You are aware of the Learning Center, are you not? If not, talk to Mark. If so, sorry for jumping to conclusions.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
How about a Tutorial
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 03:12:19 PM »
Daron, I did not, and I have never tried logging into it.  No problem, as I'm still learning my way around TheSwamp
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

BAshworth

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 03:38:27 PM »
If you are looking for some very basic tutorials on how to get started, and learning some of the basic concepts, you could also try Afralisp.com.  They have some beginner's tutorials on using VBA inside of AutoCAD.

Duh is good at these training setups, and if the rest of you also want a basic tutorial on getting AutoCAD to talk to outside programs (Access, Excel, etc....) then I'd be more than happy to write something up for you guys.

daron

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 04:47:42 PM »
Talk to Mark about setting something up, if you're interested in setting up a course. They are by invitation only as I understand it, at this point.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
How about a Tutorial
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 05:11:29 PM »
Quote from: BAshworth
Quote from: Mark Thomas

Kind of a rundown on the differences between Private, Public, Static, etc... and when/how to use a Sub versus a Function?

Precisely!!
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)