Author Topic: Change Language Lisp  (Read 2750 times)

Andrew H

Change Language Lisp
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:28:57 AM »
I need a lisp that will change all text (model and all layout tabs) from Spanish to English. Does anyone have one or know how to create one?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Serge J. Gianolla

Change Language Lisp
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:14:30 PM »
Give this a whirl:
http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?tip=2280

Q How to translate drawing texts to another language?
A You can use the TRANS add-on utility (see www.aac-solutions.cz) which extracts text and mtext entities from drawings into a text file (you can translate it using any automated text translation tool or by human translator) and then puts the translated texts back into your drawing (to the original places/positions and with original properties). For batch processing multiple drawings (using script) set the FILEDIA variable to 0.
Free download HERE. Drag the trans.vlx file into your AutoCAD session or use APPLOAD to load it. Use the TR_WRITE and TR_READ commands to export and re-import drawing texts.

Andrew H

Change Language Lisp
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:33:07 AM »
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Does anyone have a sourse for a program that I could copy and paste to have it translate my exported .txt files? There's one built into Microsoft Word, but I can't get it to work right.

Serge J. Gianolla

Change Language Lisp
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:19:15 PM »

Andrew H

Change Language Lisp
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 09:47:38 AM »
Yeah, I found several online translators, but I was looking for a program to install on my computer. My document is 37 pages long, so it'd take me 2 days to translate that on those internet sites.

Thanks for all your help in this matter.