Author Topic: Plotting Issue  (Read 1058 times)

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Plotting Issue
« on: July 30, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »
We have been having a problem with plotting in 2016 as of late. If background plotting is turned on, then AutoCAD freezes for a few seconds, then it acts like it is going to plot in the background, but then it says that the plot job has been canceled.

If we turn off background plotting, we have to make one plot which still tries to plot in the background, then from the second one on works until we turn background plotting back on again.

I have tried contacting technical support, I have tried going through our dealer and I have tried the Autodesk Forums all to no avail, so I figured I would try here as well, there's go to be something obvious that I am missing.

I have also done all of the following:
Reset Settings
Uninstall the Hotfix 2, as that was installed about the same time as this started occurring.
Uninstall AutoCAD and remove all folders
Reintall AutoCAD

Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Plotting Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
Are you plotting to a file (PDF)?
or are you plotting to the device (plotter)?

If a device check the spool settings...if to file try saving local not to a network location first.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Re: Plotting Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
This happens to any device or file, such as PDF and yes, even when saving to a non-network location.

The really odd part about this is when saving to a local location, network traffic spikes a lot when plotting from 2016, but there are no such spikes when plotting from 2015.