Author Topic: Blocks & Attribute Locations  (Read 8322 times)

M-dub

Blocks & Attribute Locations
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:44:31 AM »
I think this is pretty minor, but I just thought I'd throw it out there for comment.
For those of you who use attributed blocks, do you have any that you allow the attribute to be moved around via grips after inserting?  Maybe a symbol with a tagname...something like that.
Make sense?

daron

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 08:58:11 AM »
Yup, but then I didn't create the blocks I'm using now. Normally, I'd try to work in fit text, but that's a strange beast too.

M-dub

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 09:10:07 AM »
Yeah, I don't really like fit text either, but that's not really what I'm referring to here...

The symbol needs to stay where it's inserted, but the attribute has to move around depending on surrounding objects.

daron

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 10:35:34 AM »
Grips are awesome.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
Im not sure if this helps (as you may already know this) but turn on Grips Within Blocks and you can move the attribute.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

M-dub

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 01:32:32 PM »
Thanks fer the tip, but yes, I already knew that.  Someone else might not though.
That's how I got the text in different locations in the screenshot above.  (I guess I should have shown the grips IN the screenshot!)

Dent Cermak

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 05:23:24 PM »
Do you have your CPAP yet? You need it's attributes. (This is the beginning of a major harassment campaign. You are about to find out how persistant I can be.)

CADaver

Re: Blocks & Attribute Locations
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 05:41:50 PM »
Quote from: M-dub
For those of you who use attributed blocks, do you have any that you allow the attribute to be moved around via grips after inserting?  Maybe a symbol with a tagname...something like that.
Sure all the time. We have some that we deem "fixed" but most are open for relocation via grips.

CADaver

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 05:42:30 PM »
Quote from: Daron
Normally, I'd try to work in fit text...
grrrrrrr.....

Royalchill

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 08:40:11 AM »
Here is what I use, Hope this helps you. This will insert your bock and the give you the option to move your att. You will have to modify it with your block, layers, etc.
^C^C-la;m;e-sysm;c;4;;;ortho;on;-insert;e-fire13;nea;\(getvar "dimscale");;\-attedit ;;;;l;;a;0;;ae;\;p;

daron

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 08:43:35 AM »
...la;m;e

I haven't tried your macro nor am I knocking it, but upon reading it, that was the first thing that stuck out.