Author Topic: Merging different Cuix  (Read 2168 times)

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
Merging different Cuix
« on: June 07, 2015, 05:13:50 AM »
I have some small apps for clients, normally with one (old fashioned) toolbar in a Cuix, which is used as partial Cuix.

It is easy when I deliver the cuix the first time, e.g

Code: [Select]
MyApps.cuix
    App A
    (App B)

But if I deliver "App C" later, then I have a problem to merge "App C" into "MyApps.cuix" on the clients PC - fool proof and simple. Of course you can "migrate" (is this the right word in English??) the new toolbars to existing Cuix, but ...

... is there - as said above - a fool-proof, simple, full-automated routine which could make it?
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

tombu

• Bull Frog
  • ByLayer=>Not0
Re: Merging different Cuix
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »
Wouldn't it be simpler to just replace their "MyApps.cuix" with a version with "App C" included?
Tom Beauford P.S.M.
Leon County FL Public Works - Windows 7 64 bit AutoCAD Civil 3D

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 01:24:05 PM »
Wouldn't it be simpler to just replace their "MyApps.cuix" with a version with "App C" included?
Yes - in that single, unique situation.
But I'm looking for a way of merging "everything" flexible: Add C to A / Add B to C / Add H to A, B, C -
Code: [Select]
"If 'my cuix-section' does not exist in 'my cuix', then add it"Would be fine, but I'm not hopeful to find a way ...
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
I took a look at the Apps from the App-store, where all "Ribbon-groups" are merged together in the "Plugins"-tab. Of course they have different Cuix, but if the "Aliass" of the group shows to the ID of the "Plugins", then it will be displayed there.

I think this will solve the question.
Peter

BricsCAD V23

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:29:18 PM »
why not let them all exists as partial CUI?
then a user could load or unload any portion of your app at will
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »
why not let them all exists as partial CUI?
then a user could load or unload any portion of your app at will
That's the best way for users who know what they want and how to get it. But I know many users who never used the "Cui" or the "menuload" command. And here begins the challenge ..
Peter

BricsCAD V23