Author Topic: Dynamic block in layouts for Viewports?  (Read 10195 times)

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
Dynamic block in layouts for Viewports?
« on: May 27, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »
I have different DWTs, each of it has another Layout with different "formats" (DIN A4, DIN A3, DIN A2, portait / landscape, ..) with viewport (Scale always 1:1), title block and surrounding lines. Now I' thinking to create a dynamic block to have only one DWT - one layout - one block with different "format states".

My experience with dyn-blocks is limited, that's why I ask here: Good idea? Or a crazy one? Should it be solved with streching or scaling or visibility? Or will it not work? Who knows an example for download? ....

Thanks and regards
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Dynamic block in layouts for Viewports?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »
I would option for visibility states....

Although I am currently contemplating doing the same thing here...

for some of the users It might be easier to leave the template as is with predefined LAYOUTS already set up with proper
title blocks, and named page setups applied.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
...Although I am currently contemplating doing the same thing here...
So let's see what other users will say.  :-)
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

lamarn

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
I work with page formats A0 - A4 in a dynamic bloc, visibility states. Like to keep the title block apart because of the variation. Works good for me. No crazy idea..
Design is something you should do with both hands. My 2d hand , my 3d hand ..

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »
You could do a dynamic block, just make sure to set up pre-defined page setups to match the visibility state of the block chosen.

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 04:42:12 AM »
Hi
I just tried to create a block where the Vport is integrated, and the block can be defined. But if I try to use it I don't see any content inside the viewport. Of course I can not modify (pan, zoom) inside the viewport.

It would be great if someone could upload an example.
Thanks a lot!

EDIT:
The property "on:"of the VPort is set to "No". This is why it display nothing. But if I want to set it to "Yes" I get an alert "Error: Not in paperspace".

What to do?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:56:03 AM by Peter2 »
Peter

BricsCAD V23

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 08:28:40 AM »
You cannot put a viewport in a block, a block is a "model space" object as such you cannot have a viewport in a model space to show model space.

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 08:38:22 AM »
So I misunderstood your and lamarns answers? I asked if it is possible (but maybe my question was misleading - it's not easy to translate from German interface back to English wording).
Peter

BricsCAD V23

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 08:52:11 AM »
You cannot put a viewport in a block, a block is a "model space" object as such you cannot have a viewport in a model space to show model space.

Well... actually you can. Also you can put the block with the viewport in Modelspace.

But since it is a block you can not do anything with it, except if you explode it. Then you have a Viewport object in Modelspace. Doubleclick inside does do nothing, but doubleclick on the border will create 4 Modelspace viewports.

So actually you do not have any benefits placing a viewport inside a block.

@Peter2, you might have a dynamic block for the border and after placing it you can create the viewports seperately. Maybe it's a good idea to place markers in the block where you can snap on to create a viewport.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »
OR

One could Make a block (dynamic) then define the shape of the viewports (also as a dynamic block)

THEN

NEST those two blocks....

A single EXPLODE will separate the viewport block from the titleblock block, this then can be used to create the desired viewport.

However I don't know if that has the desired benefit?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 09:17:18 AM »
...But since it is a block you can not do anything with it, except if you explode it. ...
I hoped that I can "use" the integrated viewport without any modification (because it is a block), but to come to a conclusion (for me):
No, the usage of
+ different viewports
+ inside a dynamic block
+ handled with "visibility" state
+ in Layout
+ without complex workarounds
is not possible for standard usage.

Thanks to all for postings.
Peter

BricsCAD V23