« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 04:28:51 PM »

<...why'd he have to ask for PDF's?? Ugh.>
so you could learn a new skill

Think he knew it would take me a ...while...?  :oops:

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: PDF
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2015, 04:43:24 PM »
I am not seeing the border on the edge of the paper and when I attempt to plot, well...

I think you had it right when you said the print area in relation to the paper is incorrect.
It's set to dashdot and to not plot. Why would you want to see it? Most printers cannot print it. The actual titleblock will always be a set distance from the edge of the paper.

I'm out for the day...

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Bethrine

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
I am not seeing the border on the edge of the paper and when I attempt to plot, well...

I think you had it right when you said the print area in relation to the paper is incorrect.
It's set to dashdot and to not plot. Why would you want to see it? Most printers cannot print it. The actual titleblock will always be a set distance from the edge of the paper.

I'm out for the day...

Because I'm trying to understand it.

Have a good evening and thank you for your help!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
I did...

looks like ronjon use the other paperspace origin (edge of paper)
personally I wish autodesk would have NEVER added that setting
it allows for lazy practices
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Bethrine

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2015, 04:52:17 PM »
Der. I wasn't going to apply settings until I "got it right". <I really need that head into brick wall emoticon right now>

Once I did, now I see that the printable area for the pdf "printer" is smaller than the one for my usual printer.  :crazy2: So. If I want a scaled drawing to come out correct for both, I need to make my titleblock smaller and fit layouts within the smaller one.

QUESTION: If I get it to print at scale in the PDF, will it print that way on any printer (assuming the person on the other end knows what they're doing?)

Bethrine

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2015, 05:00:34 PM »
yup

Bethrine

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »
QUESTION: If I get it to print at scale in the PDF, will it print that way on any printer (assuming the person on the other end knows what they're doing?)

I learned a ton though!

Bethrine

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 05:11:08 PM »
and why will it print on full bleed but not on ANSI B? the physical paper is the same paper and the printer is the same printer. Why does it change the printable area for these? Nvmd, answered my own question.

How do you change the printable area? (If you say INK SPACE again mj, please show me where to find it.  :angel:)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2015, 05:18:38 PM »
and why will it print on full bleed but not on ANSI B? the physical paper is the same paper and the printer is the same printer. Why does it change the printable area for these? Nvmd, answered my own question.

How do you change the printable area? (If you say INK SPACE again mj, please show me where to find it.  :angel:)
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=49403.msg545108#msg545108

look at ps2.png

it is also in your original post attachment 2 I think...PRINTABLE AREA  (originally called inked area limits - and then autodesk changed it's name but not it's function)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Bethrine

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »
Okay, I had to google full bleed. I am guessing here, correct me if I am wrong...

ANSI B printable area accounts for an amount of bleed and ANSI B full bleed printable area is offset from the actual edge of the paper with no "space" for bleed?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »
Okay, I had to google full bleed. I am guessing here, correct me if I am wrong...

ANSI B printable area accounts for an amount of bleed and ANSI B full bleed printable area is offset from the actual edge of the paper with no "space" for bleed?

Actually 'FULL BLEED' is a term MOSTLY used and referenced to WEB printers that are actually capable of printing ALL THE WAY to the edge of the paper.
Most if not ALL printers in the typical office using CAD  are NOT WEB printers nor are they able to perform FULL BLEED printing.
However some Photo Printers can approach FULL BLEED and that is why the one you picked earlier STILL had small margins (technically NOT 'full bleed')

Let me know IF your printer looks like this one; and I'll retract the above statement 
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Bethrine

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2015, 06:12:46 PM »
Let me know IF your printer looks like this one; and I'll retract the above statement 

:-P

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2015, 10:15:01 AM »
Can you explain why it's lazy.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »
Because it takes a lot less work to have the desired output and it doesn't take multiple paragraphs to debug it.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2015, 10:36:10 AM »
Can you explain why it's lazy.

Perhaps lazy in terms of adapting ones thinking to accept that 0,0 in paperspace is the limits of thee printable area.
And that 0,0 could change depending upon what one set margins for in the paper sizes.

That being said one would still need to adopt or adjust title block borders to fit various page size, and margin combinations
only using the edge of the paper as the origin. 

However there is then the legacy method of placing plot dots, or other reference devices so that one could simple plot 'extents'
and not bother with setting up ones plotting to any more exacting(predictable) methods.

Then the cad manager and the users need not bother with learning about how to better control their plot processes using named page setups
for that task.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell