Author Topic: Cad Patterns  (Read 1682 times)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Cad Patterns
« on: May 08, 2015, 03:30:33 PM »
Cad Pattern - is a general reusable solution to a commonly occurring problem within a given context in creating, maintaining, and updating a drawing or a set of drawings.

Anyone have any they want to share?

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: Cad Patterns
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 03:31:08 PM »
For starters a quick example and probably needs a better example and description, but something I see is people take drawings received from others copy, paste, rotate, and combine together to get result wanted.

Adapter
Convert the interface of a drawing into another interface clients expect. Adapter lets drawings work together that couldn't otherwise because of incompatible interfaces.

Example:
Adaptee drawing - a one to one drawing file with layer properties updated and blocks redefined of drawings received from a client.
Adaptor drawing - a drawing that references all the Adaptee's drawing and applies the transformation and changes are only done by updating the adaptee's.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:48:23 PM »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 05:01:43 PM »
Oohhh boy! 
Somebody has been drinking the Kool-Aid at the project management training retreats!
 :rolleyes2: :sick:
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Bethrine

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 07:19:30 PM »
For starters a quick example and probably needs a better example and description, but something I see is people take drawings received from others copy, paste, rotate, and combine together to get result wanted.

Adapter
Convert the interface of a drawing into another interface clients expect. Adapter lets drawings work together that couldn't otherwise because of incompatible interfaces.

Example:
Adaptee drawing - a one to one drawing file with layer properties updated and blocks redefined of drawings received from a client.
Adaptor drawing - a drawing that references all the Adaptee's drawing and applies the transformation and changes are only done by updating the adaptee's.

With the internet, it's only a matter of time until we all use a database of approved drawings. Then our kids and grand kids can just pop in place whatever they like that a program says is compatible and the engineers and drafters are all out of work. Glad my education was cheaper! lol  :evil: