Author Topic: annotative text question  (Read 10671 times)

Bethrine

Re: annotative text question
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 04:34:51 PM »
There is that, and then there is a function called ANNOREST - RT-Click menu Synchronize Multiple Scaled Positions

:yay!:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »
for your purposes...
imagine a block that consists of something like a screw and a washer...

IF it is set to annotative you are free to insert it into the assembly, along with a block for the center mark (if not coming from the dimensions)
either way at a certain scale the centermark shows, however not the screw and washer because they would be meaningless or clutter at that scale.
at a smaller scale the screw and washer appear in the viewport and the centermark either does or is shown smaller because it too is annotative
either through the dimension string being annotative or the centermark block being so as well....

just to consider
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Bethrine

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »
When teaching Basic Autocad classes - I developed a 20 minute exercise to fully
illuminate users to the power and functionality of ANNOTATIVE text, blocks, and hatch objects.

A few pieces of texts with various anno scales assigned, and a few viewports at different scales.

People come right pretty quick when they see how it works for them.

I was thinking I now had an additional tool. Then I read this:

for your purposes...
imagine a block that consists of something like a screw and a washer...

IF it is set to annotative you are free to insert it into the assembly, along with a block for the center mark (if not coming from the dimensions)
either way at a certain scale the centermark shows, however not the screw and washer because they would be meaningless or clutter at that scale.
at a smaller scale the screw and washer appear in the viewport and the centermark either does or is shown smaller because it too is annotative
either through the dimension string being annotative or the centermark block being so as well....

just to consider

and... :yes:

...though it will take some time and practice for me to implement it. Well worth the experience though!

Bethrine

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »
I also like:

Annoautoscale <enter> 4 <enter>

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell