Author Topic: Revision Clouds  (Read 15601 times)

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Revision Clouds
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »
keep _all_ earlier copies of the prints to cross reference an empty cloud with what was there the previous rev.

They shouldn't have to. The documentation included with the drawing revision should cover it. The guys in the field shouldn't even think about it. The drawings have been reviewed and they should have all the necessary information to build whatever it is they are building. It's not their responsibility to question the drawings. I know that doesn't happen but we shouldn't have to jump through hoops for the idiots.
CAD Tech

shaunfella

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »
Thanks very much for your responses folks.  As I have experienced already there are many ways to skin a cat.  I'll make a decision based on some of the methods detailed in here and standardise it.

Can see this forum being of good use to myself!!

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »
Usually a triangle or teardrop with number, description, and total number of on sheet.

That way there is no dispute what changed and how many time, they see in description what the revision was, and see how many times it made.

This is in context of change order, etc.....  where money is involved in some fashion due to change.