Author Topic: double scale viewport? RESOLVED  (Read 10763 times)

tedg

• Swamp Rat
Re: double scale viewport?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 12:31:14 PM »
Nice thread.
I didn't know that Dimassoc had that power, I just thought it made the dimensions update if geometry moved.

Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

JNieman

• Water Moccasin
Re: double scale viewport?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »

Bethrine

Re: double scale viewport? RESOLVED
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »
DIMLFAC is 1
DIMASSOC is 2

Then this...I believe I want a 1:1 annotation scale. I have tried checking and un-checking the make dim's associative box.

I want 1:1 how do I un-grey out or where do I fix this?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »
is that a question?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »
Unlock it.

Bethrine

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 12:26:20 PM »
Unlock it.

Doh'! Yes, I'm frustrated. :nerdyembarassed:

is that a question?

Um...no!

I went through this thread, fixed and tried many things and still my dimensions are reading 6" for a 12" object through a 1:2 viewport. I have been working here over a year, doing things the same way, and using the drop down list so my viewport SHOWS the object at 1:2 and paperspace dimensions on the same object READ 1:1. Now they are reading incorrectly for my purposes. I would very much like to fix this.  :oops:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:33:16 PM by Bethrine »

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 12:35:28 PM »
study this one
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Bethrine

Re: double scale viewport? NOT-RESOLVED
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
I could just change the text but I would much rather do this properly.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 12:39:03 PM »
and or dimension in model space
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Bethrine

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 01:03:40 PM »

In several different scale views at several different projections. This is a machine part.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »
Annotative will just change the arrowhead size, text height, etc.......

Attached is original drawing with added Dimension Style Standard-Anno(Same as previous but annotative.)

• I copied part in model space and dimensioned it with Annotative dimension style.
  • I created 2 sets of viewports, 1 set matching original viewports and one set at a different scale

Is the what your after

Bethrine

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »

In several different scale views at several different projections. This is a machine part.

If I do that, then I have to do additional work for each viewport and annotation scale and who knows what else (I haven't done it much) maybe additional layers. I CAN but I don't WANT to. If I dimension in paper space and let the viewport scale, it saves loads of work...as long as my dimensions read 1:1.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 01:56:24 PM »

If I do that, then I have to do additional work for each viewport and annotation scale and who knows what else (I haven't done it much) maybe additional layers. I CAN but I don't WANT to. If I dimension in paper space and let the viewport scale, it saves loads of work...as long as my dimensions read 1:1.
Sorry I guess I'm confused and making it more complicated, but if I did that in paperspace it would if taken more work because I would of have had to of dimensioned it twice

Bethrine

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »

Sorry I guess I'm confused and making it more complicated, but if I did that in paperspace it would if taken more work because I would of have had to of dimensioned it twice

I've never had to dimension twice or set up scales or any of that. I tell the viewport what size it is once, it scales the visual of the object and I annotate anything on any different scaled viewport one time and it's all correct. I don't have to change dimension styles either, I only use one and it's standard everywhere. At least until something started changing my dimension readings.

Bethrine

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »
study this one

I certainly will! Hopefully, if nothing else, I will figure out how to fix this and keep it from becoming a problem down the road. Thank you.