Author Topic: Civil 3D: What is your method of plan dispay of pipe networks for dref drawings?  (Read 2877 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
I'm curious what everyone else's method is for displaying the plan view of pipe networks in reference drawings. As I've stated in my other thread, I've been pulling my hair out dealing with the style not updating when I change a part, even though I have it properly assigned in the parts list, which is being used in both drawings. The last project we did, created the pipe network, but kept it nonplottable and just drew the pipes/structures in as blocks/plines in the base file. This isn't very practical since you have to make your network changes twice, but it was the most consistent. I'm curious what everyone else is doing for plan view of pipe networks. I can't be the only one with this issue, or I am, and I just need some education. There's little to no information on dealing with pipe network plan styles for drefs and it's driving me insane. Please chime in.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
On the last project, +5 miles or waterline...we did everything in a base design file
and xreffed into sheets for views. And Dreffed as well for some labeling functions.
It seemed to work.  Biggest drag on the files was the shear size of the topo surface.
Next project coming up, going to evaluate data clipping the surface and the pipe design file into smaller chunks.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
On the last project, +5 miles or waterline...we did everything in a base design file
and xreffed into sheets for views. And Dreffed as well for some labeling functions.
It seemed to work.  Biggest drag on the files was the shear size of the topo surface.
Next project coming up, going to evaluate data clipping the surface and the pipe design file into smaller chunks.
That was our biggest issue. The corridor file alone file was 60-70mb.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox