Author Topic: cut views  (Read 9530 times)

rude dog

cut views
« on: December 23, 2003, 10:17:23 PM »
I am presently facing a small problem on the job I am working on, In which
you might be able to offer some advice....
I have a  3d dwg. with many different services (Plumbing,Mechanical piping,Ductwork) runing down a hallway @ different elevations and criss crossing each other...people have been asking for (sliced) elevation cut views between certain column lines. I have thought about creating a layer and paintbrushing everything between any two column lines....keep this layer current and freezing everything else and printing out a front view of these services that hve been kept current..has any one else delt with this..is there a better way of approaching this? I hope i wrote this clearly enough its hard to concentrate when babies are crying and wifes nagging........

hendie

cut views
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 03:38:37 AM »
I'm not sure what you're asking ~ that sounds awfully architectural to me and I'm a mechanical type.

Could you use a combination of dview and front and rear clipping planes to achieve what you want ?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
cut views
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 08:25:22 AM »
That would be my first thought as well Hendie...Place a front clipping plane where the user wishes to have a cut through, then make the view from that plane current. Sounds simple enough...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

t-bear

cut views
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 09:02:05 AM »
RD....
Sounds like you're looking to create a series of section views through the hallway....
You need a vport for each section and then use front and rear clipping planes to place the sections where you need them.  If you haven't used them before they can be a bit confusing, but they are excellent for sections.....

daron

cut views
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 09:21:11 AM »
Well, this doesn't sound like a programming job, so.... off with ya.

rude dog

cut views
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 09:43:37 AM »
thanks for the help ill give it a go...its not a code question....anyways,  thanks for the use of the stage for a few

t-bear

cut views
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 12:47:48 PM »
No problem RD....and pay Daron no mind.  If it ain't code he ain't happy.  The kid lives to do that stuff........
If you need a hand, let me know....

daron

cut views
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 02:21:04 PM »
Got that right.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
cut views
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 08:31:25 PM »
Quote from: Daron

... sure sounds like a candidate for automation to me ..
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

hyposmurf

cut views
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2003, 06:13:04 AM »
You'll also want a plan view showing where your section lines are and then label each section view appropriately.Also make sure you pick section lines within the drawing that are of interest and of importance.(like your column lines or any important services).Something you'll know if you do alot of architectual draughtwork. :) Makes it a hell of alot easier when the recipient of the drawing is figuring out where each section is from.

t-bear

cut views
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2003, 12:54:28 PM »
Smurf....
It's Christmas!  No business today.....go play with your toys, or whatever it is you play with on holiday....

hyposmurf

cut views
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2003, 04:04:34 PM »
:) .This is one of my toys though!What you doing here then?Or I guess your still working 24/7! :shock:

daron

cut views
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 09:45:34 AM »
Quote from: Kerry B
Quote from: Daron

... sure sounds like a candidate for automation to me ..

Sorry. Let me explain. While it could be automated, I felt that the direction the thread was going and the way the original post was worded, that it was not moving in an automatable direction, so I handed it off to t-bear.

hyposmurf

cut views
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 10:59:49 AM »
Quote from: t-bear
Smurf....
It's Christmas!  No business today.....go play with your toys, or whatever it is you play with on holiday....

How long have you bear been humping trees for TBear?Just noticed alot of the pics have become animated,is this the new software?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
cut views
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 11:13:03 AM »
Nope hypo ... they have been able to be animated since as long as I can remember. The rules are 180X180 picture no bigger than 16k (i think) It can be jpg, gif, and png (probably others but I don't know for sure)
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie