Author Topic: 'Extrude' in LT?  (Read 1842 times)

craigr

'Extrude' in LT?
« on: November 21, 2014, 10:48:34 AM »
I realize that AutoCAD LT doesn't recognize the command 'Extrude', but....

For our Graphics, some of our folks are using 'sketchup' to extrude the floorplans that I 'clean' to show only the walls, etc.. (see attached).

I really thought that I could 'work around' this limitation in LT and not have to use the 'sketchup'.
I had planned to use the 'stretch' command. BUT, the walls have a Z axis of '0' - I have no way of grabbing it in the middle of the line to 'stretch' it up to 6' or more.

I really thought I could do this and hesitate to give up on it. - Do any of you have any workarounds or even ideas?

I know this can be done in other prgs, but I want to do it in LT.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: 'Extrude' in LT?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
Pretty sure LT is strictly 2D.....no way around it.    :cry:

Even the 'THICKNESS' command is no substitute for real 3d functionality
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »
In the past I have plotted 3d co-ordinates in LT, but there is no way (as far as I am aware) to add solids/surfaces
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

craigr

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:15:21 AM »
Yes, I am aware that it is simply 2D, but hoped there would be a way around this minor task.

I have found ways to do things in LT that supposedly wasn't possible in LT by 'goin the long way around the Barn'. I was just hoping that this could be another one of those.

I know that one CAD draw on the Z axis in LT, but there is no rendering. - Though one could probably do a Hatch, (?).

craigr