Author Topic: hp drivers downloading - or not.  (Read 2693 times)

jumpy

• Newt
hp drivers downloading - or not.
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:18 AM »
Hey everyone, have any of you had trouble with hewlett packards plotter driver downloads pages?

Today I have wasted a morning attempting to download a designjet 500 plus driver from the main HP site. Using different browsers/computers.

Every time you navigate to the search driver page, choose your plotter fron the list... then the next link to the driver times out, repeatedly.

Various third party sites only link back to the HP site. HP support forums are full of people moaning about the pages timing out.

Anyone had this problem, if so, what fixed it for you?
Acad 2018 / LT2018

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: hp drivers downloading - or not.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:23:07 AM »
getting the same error here.

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

jumpy

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:27:41 AM »
Hi Mark, thanks for checking.

At least I can relay this issue to the bosses + confirmation from a third party.
Acad 2018 / LT2018

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »
Unfortunately yes, I have also experienced that issue with HP's site.

I just replaced our old KIP with a new HP T7100 a couple of weeks ago... While all was working on HP's site for me to download the Server 2012 R2 / Win8.1 drivers initially, last week it (the printer) emailed me that the firmware needed to be updated.

Thankfully, HP's site did come back, and I was eventually able to download the updated firmware versions I needed (two-step upgrade).

If you're in a time crunch, call your vendor or even HP directly, to ask them to email you what you need given the unavailability, etc.

Good luck!
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."