Author Topic: The ONE most important standard  (Read 32079 times)

hyposmurf

The ONE most important standard
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2005, 05:41:39 PM »
How long have they been getting away with sending crap like that out? :shock: Not every company receiving a crap drawing to work on, would send it back.

Oak3s

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2005, 05:43:13 PM »
Quote from: hyposmurf
How long have they been getting away with sending crap like that out? :shock: Not every company receiving a crap drawing to work on, would send it back.

i sure have wanted to  :evil:

CADaver

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2005, 06:22:03 PM »
Quote from: MP
Precisely what the supplier said when he read RC's (deserved) snot-gram.

/guess
my guess is that it was considerably "bluer" that that.  he lost a 15% early bonus, and if the acceptable files aren't on my desk by tomorrow morning he'll starting paying a 5% per week penalty for late.

CADaver

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2005, 06:24:22 PM »
Quote from: hyposmurf
this is the first time we've gotten something like this from these guys, and we've been working with them for a couple of years.  i think he's got a new hot-shot cad guru that has a program to do this so that no one will steal their work. methinks they are re-thinking their procedures.

Royalchill

Re: The ONE most important standard
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2005, 01:21:17 PM »
Turn on your computer  :-D

jjs

Re: The ONE most important standard
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2005, 02:23:34 PM »
If the standard is so unintuitive that you have to memorize it or look it up in a chart, you need a new standard.

How is 63-ltg-whatever intuitive? How do i know what 63 is? We have an architect that has all numbered layers 20 series is ceilings 30 is power etc. Their layer names are short, but other than that they are not very good. I have to have a sheet that tells me what layer is for what.

E-PWR-TXT electrical power text
E-PWR-EQP electrical power equipment.
EX-PWR-EQP electrical existing power equipment
ED-PWR-EQP electrical demolish power equipment

All the E's are in order and all the existing and demo electrical are in order. No chart to look up, just look at the layer names and you know what it is. The layer names are not that long either

No need for a manual that explains the standard, the standard explains itself. Also, all of our routines put things in on the correct layers to begin with. And it would be twice as much work to draft without the routines, so everyone uses them.