Author Topic: Linker Warning 4099  (Read 2457 times)

melomayo

Linker Warning 4099
« on: May 15, 2014, 06:09:47 am »
How can I turn off this Linker warning ?

i have Visual Studio 2012 SP4, Windows 7 - 64 bit, AutoCAD 2015.
The Option /ignore:4099 is in command line added.

Thank You from Germany  :wink:

"rxapi.lib(libinit.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'rxapi_cl.pdb' was not found with 'rxapi.lib(libinit.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\...\rxapi_cl.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info"
"warning LNK4099: PDB 'rxapi_cl.pdb' was not found with 'rxapi.lib(libinit.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\ ... \rxapi_cl.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info"

MickD

• Gator
  • I don't need a job, I need Money!!
Re: Linker Warning 4099
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:40:09 am »
I don't think you can, it's appearing as you are linking a release build lib in with your debug app build and you don't have the debug info for the referenced lib.
I wouldn't worry, it's only a warning (unless you have set 'treat warnings as errors' to on).
"A language that doesn’t have everything is actually easier to program in than some that do."

— Dennis M. Ritchie

melomayo

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 06:49:41 am »
Hi MickD,

thank you.

MickD

• Gator
  • I don't need a job, I need Money!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:50:47 pm »
No worries, not much help though :)

It's nice to have a 'clean' build at all times but don't let a few warnings (that you know about and understand) stop you from producing your app, you can waste a lot of time unnecessarily just to get a clean build, it isn't worth it IMO.

Mick.
"A language that doesn’t have everything is actually easier to program in than some that do."

— Dennis M. Ritchie