Author Topic: Dynamic Block Look up Table  (Read 4982 times)

ChrisCarlson

Dynamic Block Look up Table
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:14:29 AM »
Is there a "quicker" way to import or enter 72,000 line entries into a lookup table?

Other than this..

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Dynamic Block Look up Table
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:27:26 AM »
probably with some code magic

72,000 lines?

What is this block doing?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
Block is generating part numbers based on length and width.

Widths are increments of 6 units (inches) up to 216 units (18 feet)
Lengths are increments of 6 units (inches) up to 1200 units (100 feet)

Comes out to 7200 possible part numbers per visibility state with 10 states per block.

I don't mind reading if someone has an old tutorial or white paper talking about this
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:36:14 PM by ChrisCarlson »

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
Can't you use an array inside the block?
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
That's what I'm doing, the length and width feed the input properties with the lookup property by combining the two values with other nomenclature required for the part number.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 01:57:47 PM »
Sorry, I mean the XY Stretch Box Set (Parameter Sets) where you can set the stretch for X and Y with a minimum, a maximum, and the increment.

Then you don't need to fill a huge list. Just grippoints to stretch or Properties to set the block as you want it.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Nibster

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »
to me it sounds like he's looking for a way to copy a spread sheet into the table. 

The combination of the two parametric values (X & Y) needs to match up with a specific part number, correct?

I don't have a solution, i'm just reiterating for clarity...

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
Correct

Basically a block with dimensions 24" x 120" will create a "part number", I'm drawing a blank on the proper term (not an attribute but lookup value maybe?) of MAT2106OEM. This way I can print out a BOM from DataExtraction of all mat sizes required.  I tried copying and pasting into AutoCAD from Excel but it attempted to fit all the data into one cell  :realmad:

MAT = Nomenclature
2 = Width
10 = Length
6OEM = Nomenclature