Author Topic: Civil 3D 2013 - some cross sections not plotting  (Read 3067 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Civil 3D 2013 - some cross sections not plotting
« on: April 29, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »
Has anyone ever had an issue where a couple cross sections within a large group of cross sections will plot some of the information, but not all of it? All cross sections are using the same styles, and look fine in model/paper, but as soon as a plot or  do a print preview, some of the objects disappear.

Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Civil 3D 2013 - some cross sections not plotting
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »
suggest check layers not set to NO PLOT or off/frozen in viewport(s)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 12:16:48 PM »
suggest check layers not set to NO PLOT or off/frozen in viewport(s)
They're all on they same layer, and using the same styles. I've only edited the group settings to change anything.
It also suddenly makes it to where I can't select the cross section. I'll have a sheet with 6 cross sections and if I want to select to edit the group, I can only select 1 or 2 of them, but when I restart, they can all be selected for a time and it goes back to the same behavior.
I've even had some of the cross section grid disappear (all other information visible, just not grid), but as soon as I reopen the file, everything is fine again. That part doesn't bother me. The plotting is the part that I can't figure out, and I really don't want to explode my cross sections just to plot.
Dropbox

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »
So, after a bout of frustration, I erased and recreated the entire section group. I then noticed that I could select everything, but as soon as I added my centerline alignment that I would use to draw in my ROW lines, for the cross sections that don't have a row in the sample, you cannot select them. If I remove the row alignment, the ones that you couldn't select before, you are able to select.
Dropbox

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
OK, so I've realized that if you try and add a 'profile grade line' to a section and that sections sample line does NOT touch the alignment selected in the 'profile grade line', it breaks the cross section and you cannot select it and it doesn't print properly.
I'm left with making sure the row actually touches the sample line, then going section to section and adding the 'profile grade line(s)'.
Adding them to the group would be fine if all sample lines within the group touched the row alignments, but that isn't always the case, and I'd rather not break up my centerline alignment to be in multiple section groups.

Thoughts?
Dropbox