Author Topic: Text in Model Space or Paper Space?  (Read 9121 times)

JONTHEPOPE

Re: Text in Model Space or Paper Space?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 11:06:39 PM »
I lock paper space and draw in model space from paper space.

It can crash sometimes crash when you edit a x-reference in place twice.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 08:07:40 AM »
I work with a municipality that wants EVERYTHING but their titleblock and documentation stamps in Model Space. this is very problematic while designing.  So tipically I do all my anotation in PSPACE making sure that all the annotaions are NOT ANNOTATIVE.  They do not allow for XREF's, so XREFS are already embedded/biinded just prior to this opperation so no annotation creeps into other DWGs. Then , I go through the drawings and push all annotations from PS to model space via CHSPACE.  This makes them happy. 

I find when I use annotative text, my DWG sizes start to explode because of all the different annotative scales.  It can easilly get out of control, if your not used to it.  If your doing 100 DWGs or less.. the above method isn't bad.   If your doing 100's of drawings, take some time to learn how to efficiently use the annotative TEXT, DIMS, and Leaders.  Then you don't have to go back.  And it's very easy in your referenced drawings to just freeze the annotation layer of your xrefs in your viewports. Once done.. it's no longer an issue.

I have no annotative in 2006 but may upgrade to a newer version before too long.

The CHSPACE works well when I need to reuse a detail in another layout and the scale is not the same.
I see that annotative was made for just such a situation.

Are your details set to a scale? Over here we only have 3 scales for details and our text is supposed to always print at 3/32" so remembering 3 different model space heights isn't too complicated.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »
Unfortunately no set scale. The engineer who decides is more concerned with the presentation look of the page.
So he will say make this one a little larger & this one a little smaller. We work on 11"x17" sheets so crowding is an issue too.
Uniformity of text size is his big focus. He has me tweaking line weights and arrow head size often.

I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 08:40:28 AM »
Unfortunately no set scale. The engineer who decides is more concerned with the presentation look of the page.
So he will say make this one a little larger & this one a little smaller. We work on 11"x17" sheets so crowding is an issue too.
Uniformity of text size is his big focus. He has me tweaking line weights and arrow head size often.

TWEAKERS!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 08:59:59 AM »

TWEAKERS!
CLIENTS!
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Bethrine

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 04:29:05 PM »
Just FYI, scaling appears difficult up front but once you wrap your head around it and practice a bit it gets super easy.

CHSPACE, who knew? I learn something new here every day. Yay! This is much faster and requires less thought.  ^-^