Author Topic: # of lisp files  (Read 5149 times)

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: # of lisp files
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 12:21:11 AM »
Active LSP/FAS/VLX/DCL around 2000, of which around 200 are loaded/autoloaded into ACad, backup around 30000 (nearly 20 years worth). That might be a better question: how many are set to be loaded on a constant basis, how many are simply available for if-and-when needed, and how many in your archive? And then also how many of those are duplicates and/or different versions?

These days though I'm not doing a lot of CADing - more BIMing so my DLL's lib is starting to grow (together with their csproj source files). Around 250 at the moment (mostly trivial stuff), though perhaps only 10 of them are auto-loaded in Revit.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 09:40:04 AM »
I have about 214 routines I've written and/or hoarded in a main lisp folder, and about 20 others in subfolders for special purposes.

I have 7 of routines automatically loaded and 20 others on demand load via acaddoc.lsp
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

trogg

• Bull Frog
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 07:52:46 AM »
Well - after double checking it appears that I have half of what I initially found. I have a flash drive that is small enough in physical size to leave in my laptop at all times and it has an automatic backup feature that run in the back ground. it backs up what ever folders that I specify. and what do you know - one of the folders is my lisp folder and its sub-folders.

But even at around 7,000 that is way too many.

I am not a drafter/designer any longer. My role at work is basically CAD support and development. SO I keep these on hand because I don't want to reinvent the wheel or maybe there is a good subfunction in a routine that can be used...

Thanks (egg on face)
~Greg