Author Topic: i have a dilemna and need help  (Read 2180 times)

ELOQUINTET

i have a dilemna and need help
« on: March 31, 2005, 11:02:06 AM »
let me explain my situation. i am trying to make a schedule in excel. our dealer has created an excel spreadsheet but have only given the room numbers not the corresponding names which is our policy to include in the schedule. i have the cad files from the architect and tried to extract them to a csv. the problem is that in order to be able to have the room number as 2 lines they have 2 attributes. so when i dump it into excel the room name appear in 2 cells. i was playing in excel with the trim formula and then concatenate. this works good but i was wondering if it would be possible to join the two attributes as one and put a space between them in autocad so when i extract it comes out as one. does this make sense. what do you think is the best way of acheiving this?

ELOQUINTET

i have a dilemna and need help
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:19:26 AM »
i also have another issue. the dealers spreadsheet has all of the rooms which we have work in which of course is not every room. how can i compare these 2 columns across the 2 spreadsheets so i can delete the room which i do not need?