Author Topic: Civil 3D Service Pack 2  (Read 2473 times)

Dinosaur

Civil 3D Service Pack 2
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:54:22 PM »
SP2 for Civil 3D is available for download from Autodesk.  You may want to think about it a bit before installing it though . . . there are some reports of the service pack botching the installs with licensing issues.  Delaying install to see what happens next week may be prudent.

Dent Cermak

Re: Civil 3D Service Pack 2
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:37:37 PM »
best thing would have been to wait 3 to 6 months before installing the new release. by that time most of the bugs will have been found and either fixed or patches available. Or, better yet, now that they are on an annual new release schedule, wait until the "new, fixed" version comes out. since R12 it has been a major mistake to rush to load ANY new release. be patient. sooner or later they will fix it. I have always waited for the "stable" version. I've never rushed to load a new version just because it has arrived.  For survey uses, Civil 3d is not worth the effort. LDD 2005 works and I will stay with it until they get the new interface right. that may be anywhere from 1 to 3 releases. i cannot afford to go through the mess you guys have. money and schedules are just too tight. With all of the work coming up on the Coast, I don't have time to battle a new, inoperable release.

Dinosaur

Re: Civil 3D Service Pack 2
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 11:50:41 PM »
We waited nearly 6 months to deploy 2006 - it just went in last week in fact.  I really don't know if the service pack hit us or not . . . IT hadn't even downloaded it yet when I left Friday.  I really thought we would just wait and jump into 2007 about this time next year, but the engineer did some things in 2006 and saved the drawing (WARNING - if you remodel a corridor in 2006 it won't be useable in 2005 any more) hence we started using 2006.  It sounds like you don't really need much of what C3D has to offer.  As long as they don't change the drawing format after they put LDD up on blocks you probably won't have to bother with it at all.  Hey, you might even be retired by then and spending your days raising bunnies.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:59:11 PM by DinØsaur »