Author Topic: Flute... anyone ?  (Read 11630 times)

hendie

Flute... anyone ?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2003, 05:43:37 AM »
Quote from: SMadsen
It's actually quite simple if you study the vlax-curve functions a bit..

I've only recently started getting into VLisp functions and haven't quite got as far as "-curve" yet.
In fact I'm starting to realise that I'm missing quite a lot of the basics so I'm doing a lot of research reading back throught all the various posts, especially amgirard2003's thread.
hopefully I'll be able to get my head around it all soon  ~ work permitting :roll:

Fuccaro

Flute... anyone ?
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2003, 06:56:50 AM »
Hendie
It would be great to transform that mesh in a solid!
AutoCAD will limit the mesh size to 256 in both of directions. Also how to sharpen a drill? If it is constructed from surfaces, you can modify something only changing the program (not really user friendly!).
A “solid” drill can be sharpened like in the real life, by placing a cylinder in the right position, copying it several times to reproduce the movement of the sharpener tool, and finally subtract all the cylinders from the drill.
My point: after the routine ends, the user must continue the work in AutoCAD. And if I may choose between surfaces and solids, I will choose the solids.

hendie

Flute... anyone ?
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2003, 07:09:47 AM »
hi fuccaro, I agree with your points. I also prefer solids to meshes but sometimes, meshes are inevitable.
That said, if we achieve what we set out to do... does it really matter if the aim is achieved by using solids or meshes or whatever ? as long as we achieve it !
Now, if I had to then obtain mass properties, then that would be a different story!

SMadsen

Flute... anyone ?
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2003, 07:29:10 AM »
Fuccaro, I'd love to see code for creating a solid instead of meshes.

Hendie, would you be interested in a small primer on vlax-curve functions? I could write up some stuff and place it in the TeachMe forum.

hendie

Flute... anyone ?
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2003, 07:32:39 AM »
Stig, I'd love any info you want to throw at me

BTW, fuccaro has created some astonishing lisp routines, I hope he posts some more here

SMadsen

Flute... anyone ?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2003, 07:52:01 AM »
Quote from: hendie
Stig, I'd love any info you want to throw at me

Consider it done.

As for solids, I have absolutely no idea how to make the stuff from scratch in AutoLISP so it would be a really welcomed learning experience to watch someone do it (bypassing the command pipe line, that is)