Author Topic: Exploding multileaders but preserving the leaders?  (Read 19546 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Exploding multileaders but preserving the leaders?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
... This, seemingly one of the many differences between this CAD production guy & amateur developer, and professional developers like yourself, and Owen... I appreciate your patience, while I struggle to wrap my head around this, guys.

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Marc'Antonio Alessi

• Swamp Rat
  • Marco
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »
Command: (progn (initcommandversion 1) (command "._fillet" "_n" pause))
Select first object or [uNdo/Polyline/Radius/Trim/mUltiple]: _n
Command: (progn (initcommandversion 2) (command "._fillet" "_n" pause))
Select first object or [Undo/Polyline/Radius/Trim/Multiple]: _n

uNdo vs. Undo

I use the entire option "_undo" and not an abbreviation to avoid this kind of problems in my italian/english programs.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 08:56:56 AM »
I use the entire option "_undo" and not an abbreviation to avoid this kind of problems in my italian/english programs.
Exactly! In the same idiom as
in this case, if compatibility with non-English versions of AutoCAD is achieved by simply inserting an underscore prefix, I see no reason to omit it.
I see no reason to omit the underscore, neither do I see a reason to only send the capitalized letter of the option.

Sure it's less typing, but for a few less keystrokes you open yourself for issues later on when your code is running on another language ACad or even just a later / earlier version.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 10:00:59 AM »
I appreciate your patience, while I struggle to wrap my head around this, guys.

I've enjoyed watching you and other "amateurs" develop and grow. Just a few years ago, I was you. One of these days, you'll be the one whipping the young guys into shape.  :police:

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »
I appreciate your patience, while I struggle to wrap my head around this, guys.

I've enjoyed watching you and other "amateurs" develop and grow. Just a few years ago, I was you. One of these days, you'll be the one whipping the young guys into shape.  :police:

That is incredibly kind, and encouraging, of you to say, Owen... If only I could find an employer that felt the same.

I do hope that you can appreciate that I was genuinely seeking a greater understanding here, and not (at least not intentionally) being argumentative... I'd like to believe that what little I know, I know well... But more importantly (to me), I wouldn't be where I am today, without the kindness of others to point, even if that meant offering me a swift kick, in the right direction.

Particularly as one of the 'young guys', I'd like to offer you a cheers, for the help you generously give this community (I'd offer you a dram in person, but for now a quick pic from this weekend will have to do :-))... Cheers:

LE3

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »
^
BB.... Just to give you a real life example -- Owen gave me a lot of help and also samples and review it those for me, when I started into the C++/MFC/and ObjectARX, some years ago, now I work doing software, for one of the big/best companies in the US.

So keep there and learn every day. :)

Have fun!
Luis.-

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 10:44:10 AM »
^
BB.... Just to give you a real life example -- Owen gave me a lot of help and also samples and review it those for me, when I started into the C++/MFC/and ObjectARX, some years ago, now I work doing software, for one of the big/best companies in the US.

So keep there and learn every day. :)

Have fun!
Luis.-

Thank you for sharing, Luis... I'm very happy for you, and take your advice & encouragement to heart.  :-)

Cheers

yarnstormer

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »
ya'll lost me on this thread...but wanted to pop in and say eureka I can just use the "burst" command to explode the mleader an not explode the leader. Mission accomplished.

Or you could write a bunch of complicated codey stuff...  :-D

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2014, 11:05:52 AM »
... wanted to pop in and say eureka I can just use the "burst" command to explode the mleader an not explode the leader. Mission accomplished.

Curious... Just tried BURST Command in 2014 and MLeader is not a valid selection.