Author Topic: fas、vlx is no longer safe.  (Read 4254 times)

cjw

fas、vlx is no longer safe.
« on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
It's my work "平法之拉移随心" was cracked (carrot1983 is me)
fas、vlx is no longer safe.
someone use the decompiling tool crack fas、vlx, to sell the source code.
or crack the vlx to sell.
and now we try our best to encrypt the code.
As a powerful means to protect software, object-code obfuscation can obstruct malicious software analysis effectively.

the vlx.zip include the original and cracked.
appload the vlx, input "GG",and press"S" can see the different.

ps: my main DCL code is writed in lisp as string list.

Through my investigation,the cracker can read the memory,seem like can see each step that AutoCAD do.
the cracked code doesn't include the useless code,like notes.

Ketxu

• Newt
Re: fas、vlx is no longer safe.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:18:54 AM »
I Can't reád anything with this font ^^

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »
It's an old problem: Nothing is "safe". Even a compiled ARX can be disassembled back to C/C++ source code (though a bit more difficult and won't get the exact same source - compiler optimizations might not be undone).

I've written about this issue before:
Point is: It's impossible to secure anything completely. If someone's determined enough to break into your source code, there's nothing you can do to stop them. Even large companies like Microsoft/AutoDesk/Sony/Adobe/etc. themselves know that this is possible. In most cases, they've given up on trying to encrypt their executables and rather just rely on licensing - taking crackers to court.

The amount of money they spent on devising better and better encryption was way more than the legal fees. And they got no returns from that "investment", whereas the court did sometimes fine the cracker quite a lot in addition to paying the fees.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

cjw

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:26:47 AM »
It's an old problem: Nothing is "safe". Even a compiled ARX can be disassembled back to C/C++ source code (though a bit more difficult and won't get the exact same source - compiler optimizations might not be undone).

I've written about this issue before:
Point is: It's impossible to secure anything completely. If someone's determined enough to break into your source code, there's nothing you can do to stop them. Even large companies like Microsoft/AutoDesk/Sony/Adobe/etc. themselves know that this is possible. In most cases, they've given up on trying to encrypt their executables and rather just rely on licensing - taking crackers to court.

The amount of money they spent on devising better and better encryption was way more than the legal fees. And they got no returns from that "investment", whereas the court did sometimes fine the cracker quite a lot in addition to paying the fees.

Appreciate your reply !
I got it.
Only legal weapons can protect.
For an individual, Some things very helpless