Author Topic: Need to modify the Dynamic Block a little bit  (Read 4131 times)

Coder

• Swamp Rat
Need to modify the Dynamic Block a little bit
« on: May 07, 2013, 07:16:18 AM »
Hello everyone .

I have attached a drawing that contains a dynamic block with two distance properties , and I want to remove one
of them and keep only one property that can change the two side when one side being stretched .

Many thanks in advanced . :)

bgingerich

Re: Need to modify the Dynamic Block a little bit
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »
Is this what you want?  What I did is made the Distance Parameter with the Base (look to the Command line for the option) at the Midpoint, and associated two stretch actions with it.  One acted on just one side of the wall and had an "Angle Offset" of 0; the other acted on the other side of the wall and had an "Angle Offset" of 180 (which makes it act in the opposite direction.  I would start reading >>here<< and just play around with the properties.  The properties palette and the command line are going to be your best friends when making dynamic blocks. 

BTW: There are some great people over at the AutoDesk Dynamic Block forum that really know their stuff when it comes to these things. 

Coder

• Swamp Rat
Re: Need to modify the Dynamic Block a little bit
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:40:25 PM »
Thank you so much , that's what I was after .

I hope that you have any youtube video link or so that you can direct me to it to know how to make that happen by my self .

Thanks again . :)