Author Topic: Publish Failure  (Read 3137 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Publish Failure
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »
I'm having an issue publishing from Civil 3D 2011.

Specifically, an error message is now popping up "turn off background plotting and try to plot again."

For the sake of getting my prints, I did as the error message suggested, but I still need to fix whatever is causing this. I thought this was an issue with the print driver as I recently needed to use Land Desktop 2009 (32-bit), and ended up using a driver created with Civil 3D 2011 64-bit... I first noticed this dialog in LDC, and it seems to persist in C3D.

I've since recreated the driver, and it produces a PDF just fine when plotting one-at-a-time, but I am still getting the publish error. This PC3 is a modified version of DWG to PDF (because not everyone has the same 3rd party drivers) which I've been using successfully for +/-1 year.

TIA

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Drafter X

• Swamp Rat
Re: Publish Failure
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:58 AM »
in many years of managing cad systems I have seen it many times and never did figure out why it randomly starts doing it on some workstations or how to fix it.
Not trying to be doom/gloom about it, just that it has frustrated the hell out of me too.
CadJockey Militia Commander

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:01:25 PM »
It may be *just* smart enough to realize some of the data/graphics need regenerating prior to plotting, which cannot be done in the background.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:04:37 PM »
It may be *just* smart enough to realize some of the data/graphics need regenerating prior to plotting, which cannot be done in the background.

Perhaps... But no updates (nor changes on my end) have been implemented in some time, and I've been doing this successfully for +1 year on this version specifically... Civil 3D may be capable of calculations well beyond my ability, but it's no AI.  :lol:
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."