Author Topic: Convert Images to OLE Objects  (Read 8815 times)

Dave M

• Newt
Convert Images to OLE Objects
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
I am archiving a bunch of files, and would like to be able embed the images as OLE objects.  Just wondering if anyone has a way to do it programmatically?
Civil 3D 2018 - Microstation SS4 - Windows 10 - Dropbox

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: Convert Images to OLE Objects
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:58:40 AM »
It's probably an incredibly complex lisp interacting with possibly external programs. Might be easier doing this through C#.

But I can't understand why you want to do this. Setup an eTransmit setting to only save (not ZIP) and use folder structures correctly. Then create a Script file to perform this on multiple DWGs. That way all the images / xrefs / whatnot is repathed to a new copy made in the folder structure as specified in the transmittal setup. And the repathing is done to relative paths, so you can copy/move that wherever you want as long as you copy/move the whole set in one go.

That's the way we did archiving since 2005. Never had an issue with anything thus far.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

Dave M

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »
That's normally what I do also, but this client wants all the xrefs, etc. bound (not sure why).  I'm not going to spend too much time trying to figure it out.  They may just have to deal with having the images as-is.
Civil 3D 2018 - Microstation SS4 - Windows 10 - Dropbox

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 03:30:59 AM »
No quick way ?

trogg

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 03:07:29 PM »
Here is the manual way to do it. http://autocadtips1.com/2013/02/22/embed-a-picture-not-as-a-reference/

According to this LINK http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Embed-a-raster-image-in-a-drawing.html
and from what I tested - If you have Raster Design and the images are BITONAL, you can simply open the drawing with RD and use the EMBED command and the bitonal images will now be embedded in the drawing
~Greg
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:18:43 PM by trogg »