Author Topic: Find Drawings That Contain a Known Block Reference  (Read 1351 times)

M-dub

Find Drawings That Contain a Known Block Reference
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
I'm not sure if someone switched the regular for decaf this morning or what...  :|

I thought there was a way (OOTB or someone's home rolled) to find drawings that contained a certain block.

We have the treat of changing company logos for all drawings we modify now.  I was just looking for a way to automate at least part of it.  Some of the "logos" are not actually logos... they're just text.  Some of the logos are just lines and arcs (to mimic text), some are solids, some are hatches, and I'm pretty sure I could find some made of plywood and 2 x 4's if I looked hard enough.

Anyway, yeah... I'm looking for a way to find all drawings that contain the block "logoblock", etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!

M-dub

Re: Find Drawings That Contain a Known Block Reference
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:38:45 AM »
...and for some reason, when I hit the search button in Design Centre ( or Center for Matt ), the dialog pops up and disappears in less than a second.  Wha?

deegeecees

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:27:21 AM »
I've got a batch routine (lisp) that you could modify to suit your needs.

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/index.php?dir=deegeecees/apps/&file=batch_anything.lsp

If you need assistance on creating the sub function (BATCH_STUFF) let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
This could be easily accomplished using ObjectDBX, shout if you need help  :-)