Author Topic: Civil 3D with Networked Support and Project Files  (Read 1589 times)

caddcop

Civil 3D with Networked Support and Project Files
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
We are getting ready to begin using Civil 3D in production. We do survey and design work, so I need templates with extensive Descriptor K for Survey but I also need shared (networked) things like Figure Prefix files, Linework Code Sets and whatever else needs to be uniform for all users.
On the Project side, we have a main folder for all project files and under that are folders for each year. Finally under that is where most project files reside with a main folder named for the project (its number and brief name) and most other project files in separate subfolders. Generally, there are only 2 CAD folders - one for models and other working drawings and one for the files that contain the plotting layouts.
In our LDD projects, we had a special folder for its files, away from the main project folders, and under this were all project folders together, as created by LDD when it was used to setup a new project.
Can we set up a similar approach in Civil 3D?

reno

Re: Civil 3D with Networked Support and Project Files
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »
you can but i would recommend keeping all project files together. do something like this:
-projects
--project name
---cad stuff
----folders for different cad files
----shortcut folder with project name in it
-----_shortcuts

when you create data references in civil 3d the drawings are associated with the project so when you switch between drawings the project changes for you automatically.