Author Topic: Table from a Data link  (Read 9219 times)

Fabricio28

• Swamp Rat
Re: Table from a Data link
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 02:19:09 PM »
Not the quickest way but thought would be easiest to show how.

It's impossible more clear than that, Jeff H.

I'm really appreciate your help.
Thank you!

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 02:38:20 PM »
Once recent thing that it came it handy was for a huge project that sites in every single state and the clients had all these spreadsheets that needed to somehow refer to the sheets for each row, and on top that there were all these TDP-I, TDP-II, etc... packages that had to be created so one little change and the documentation had to be updated and the drawings, etc.....

So it helped out greatly linking the spreadsheet that documents were printed from then ability to add columns and insert fields from the spreadsheet.
So did not have worry if sheetnumber changed or this changed just re-published it and was done.

Drafter X

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
Very nice, if I ever get time (yeah, that happens) I intend to get deeper into using fields and the ssm. The work I do generally requires the same information types repeated with only the values changing and I would love to take that to the next level. I already automate a lot of it and standard jobs are cake right now. Taking it to the next level will make it even more profitable for me.
CadJockey Militia Commander

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »
Very nice, if I ever get time (yeah, that happens) I intend to get deeper into using fields and the ssm. The work I do generally requires the same information types repeated with only the values changing and I would love to take that to the next level. I already automate a lot of it and standard jobs are cake right now. Taking it to the next level will make it even more profitable for me.
Let me know when your ready and will show what things i picked up from using it, and the examples i have seen from AU and other sources gave some bad tips in my opinion.

Drafter X

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
will do. might take me a while to get to it though. Might finally sit down with that over the christmas break
CadJockey Militia Commander