Author Topic: A fellow Swamper needs your thoughts and prayers  (Read 24690 times)

Arizona

Re: A fellow Swamper needs your thoughts and prayers
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »
RIP Sinc
You touched a lot of lives and will be well remembered!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »
My final post on this thread. I can't count how many times over the last month I've thought of something I wanted to, or had intended to, ask Sinc. Knowing I never will be able to now is saddening.

Richard's dad sent me his Obituary, I thought I should share it here:

Richard Jeffrey Sincovec, 42, known to many as “Sinc”, passed away much too soon on December 18, 2012 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.   Born in Pueblo, Colorado on August 27, 1970, he is survived by: mother Lynn Lucero, father James Sincovec and step mother Verna Sincovec all of Colorado Springs, also by sisters Elizabeth (Doug) Williams, Rinah (Vince) Ramos and brother Duston Voorhes, all of Santa Rosa, California, uncle Richard (Deanna) Sincovec of Lincoln Nebraska, also nieces and nephew Rebekah, Katelyn and Taber Williams, and his faithful 4-legged companion of 12 years Zyzzyx (Z).

Richard graduated from Overland High School (Aurora Colorado) in 1988, then attended college at the California Institute of Technology (Cal-Tech) and the University of Colorado in Boulder.  After leaving Cal-Tech he worked for Jet Propulsion Laboratory on a project team for the Mars Observer and the Hubble Space Telescope.  Most recently, he worked with Edward-James Surveying, Inc. as chief technology Officer.  He was also President of Quux Software, Inc., and created custom software for Autodesk Civil 3D users (Sincpac-C3D).

Richard was an accomplished musician and member of the local pop-folk fusion group, Custer Street Consortium. He loved his music, played many instruments and also composed many of his own original pieces.  He enjoyed fishing, camping, skiing, reading and going to live concerts with his long-time friend Eric Eichorn.  He also loved  helping others solve technological problems on various CAD-related, on line forums.

A celebration of Richard’s life will be held at the Shrine of Remembrance, located at 1730 E Fountain Boulevard in Colorado Springs, on February 1, 2013 at 2:00PM.  In lieu of flowers, please make memorial donations to Bear Creek Dog Park, where Richard and “Z” spent many happy hours, or to a humane society of your choice.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2013, 05:06:10 PM »
Thanks Jeff for all that you did in keeping us informed.

RIP Sinc.   Raises a pint in honor of Sinc.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

deegeecees

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
Thanks Jeff for all that you did in keeping us informed.

RIP Sinc.   Raises a pint in honor of Sinc.

I can only echo these thoughts.

*pint raised*

To you Sinc, and thank you for all you've contributed to this world.