Author Topic: Text justification.  (Read 42623 times)

nivuahc

Text justification.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2005, 12:54:12 PM »
That drives me crazy.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Text justification.
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 08:19:05 AM »
Me too. I have come across that in previous companies I have worked at, but fortunately there are no users here that would do that.
It seems to come down to the saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Artisan

Text justification.
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 09:56:23 AM »
Let me ask this question while we are talking about text justification.

When placing leaders with the text, do you all alternate the location of the leader based on which side the text is located? Example, on a detail, such as a wall section, one will generally place notes to the left side and the right side of the detail. When one places text on the left side, I have seen them drop the leader down the end of the last sentence. But on text for the right side, they will place the leader at the beginning of the first sentence. Does anyone else do this or seen it? Am I clear in explaining this?

CADaver

Text justification.
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 11:18:19 AM »
Quote from: Artisan
When one places text on the left side, I have seen them drop the leader down the end of the last sentence. But on text for the right side, they will place the leader at the beginning of the first sentence. Does anyone else do this or seen it?
That is our standard method, the leader is tagged to the "end" of the sentence nearest the leader.

Artisan

Text justification.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 11:54:32 AM »
Quote from: CADaver
Quote from: Artisan
When one places text on the left side, I have seen them drop the leader down the end of the last sentence. But on text for the right side, they will place the leader at the beginning of the first sentence. Does anyone else do this or seen it?
That is our standard method, the leader is tagged to the "end" of the sentence nearest the leader.

I'm not sure if you don't understand what I am saying or I may be reading your response wrong. Either way, Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about.

nivuahc

Text justification.
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 11:58:49 AM »
I think, in this instance, you were both driving at the same thing.

I read your original post to mean what you show in the screenshot and I read CADaver's post to mean what you showed in your screenshot as well.

Artisan

Text justification.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 12:01:36 PM »
Quote from: nivuahc
I think, in this instance, you were both driving at the same thing.

I read your original post to mean what you show in the screenshot and I read CADaver's post to mean what you showed in your screenshot as well.

Ok, good deal than. It's Monday and the brain hasn't come up to full power yet. :D

t-bear

Text justification.
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 12:11:33 PM »
"t's Monday and the brain hasn't come up to full power yet."
Mine likes to wait 'til Friday, LATE Friday................ LOL

whodo

Text justification.
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 10:37:17 PM »
for me it all comes down to the next guy,
because the next guy is usually me.
I justify the text so that when I have to
come back and edit it I don't have to move
it around as well.
I use right and left justifications so it grows
away from objects I don't want to obscure.
If you think it doesn't matter it will almost
always come back to bite you.

hyposmurf

Text justification.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005, 01:45:44 PM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
It boils down to what looks the most readable doesn't it ?

Yeh and which direction do most people read in left to right,so left justified is more appealing.We also use the same method of attaching leaders as you mentioned Artisan.

hyposmurf

Text justification.
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2005, 01:34:20 PM »
Another question how do most of you work through a drawing?Do you carry out all your drawing work such as lines.plines,arcs,insetion of blocks etc and then add all the leaders/text towards the end of the drawing?Or do you add notes as you move through the drawing while adding lines plines?Trivial I know just interested.

t-bear

Text justification.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2005, 06:59:32 PM »
I create the model in MS, create the necessary views in PS, then dim in MS vport, then notation in PS........ By then it's beer-thirty!

hyposmurf

Text justification.
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2005, 02:33:05 PM »
Cheers t-bear Im more interested in those who work in one space fopr most of their notes and model.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Text justification.
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 06:06:56 AM »
Our company standard is to have all the model and relative notes/information in model space, all of our work is 2D.
I tend to do as much of the "model" as possible, then I find it easier to annotate the model from there, finding appropriate places to place the text. I find it so annoying to place the text, then constantly move it as the model grows!, so text last means less the text moves
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Artisan

Text justification.
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 08:41:59 AM »
I do all of my work in model and then use paper for the title blocks and plotting. I get my plan ready by dimensioning it, adding all of the lines, circles or other objects as needed. I save my notations for last due to the fact that I can adjust the notes easier then moving dims around. I try to keep in mind though, while I am dimensioning, to leave space for common notes that I know I will be using, like the common foundation notes we use.