Author Topic: ==={Challenge}===Find the ridge lines of sloped roof  (Read 106587 times)

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: ==={Challenge}===Find the ridge lines of sloped roof
« Reply #285 on: March 05, 2024, 08:34:57 PM »
I am not replying on thoughts in posts, just informing that I uploaded I hope my last revision on "roof2d.lsp", "roof2d.des" and "roof2d.VLX"... If it pass correctly excellent, and if not - I have examples where this is the case - then just relax and leave it as it is... As for me - I know that ObjectArx and .Net are faster than LISP - Vanilla/Visual, so I thought someone may chime in and blow the air around my cave... (Just joking,,,)

Have a nice day,
M.R.
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2024, 12:09:41 AM »

I think I'm not making myself understood, but ok, I'll relax and leave it alone.
Called Kerry in my other life
Retired; but they dragged me back in !

I live at UTC + 13.00

---
some people complain about loading the dishwasher.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #287 on: March 06, 2024, 09:50:15 AM »
I've updated again... Just don't be upset as "roof2d.lsp" is working twicely slower on some complex examples - it finds mistake and try 2nd time with just slightly different change in subfunctions and may throw again at the end solution with mistake(s)... I've also updated testing DWG posted here : https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=59312.msg619513#msg619513

That's all for my report...
M.R.

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2024, 12:45:24 PM »
I've updated *.ZIP with routines from here : https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=41837.msg619616#msg619616 or https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/files/file/36-hipped-roof-routines/
And updated *.DWG for testing from here : https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=59312.msg619513#msg619513
And I want if someone is reading to translate just "roof2d.lsp" from *.ZIP under .\2d\ribarm\roof2d.lsp... It doesn't matter do you understand what some function is doing, you have to literarily translate every lisp line and see if it's working at the end... I am waiting to see someone's feedback with concrete tryings in makeing *.arx, *.brx or *.dll... I am using AutoCAD 2022 and BricsCAD V23...
I'll be very grateful if it's working faster than *.lsp, *.des, *.VLX... Time is passing and this homework is only for someone dedicated to do things that no one else can - for real programmers... I know for Lee Mac and his dedication to LISP, but unsure for other than that... And futher more if I'd have to choose I'd take fasteast outcome from those 3 (*.arx, *.brx, *.dll)... Gilles is good for *.dll, but is this fastest I don't know... With my checking subfunctions I had to slow down outcome, but those subs are neccessity...

Thanks for reading,
Regards, M.R.

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2024, 03:40:34 PM »
Just wondering...
Why I uploaded *.ZIP and *.DWG when no one downloaded them... peer to peer connection explains why I posted here in attachments, but there is no reason to avoid even you don't want to participate in challenge...

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2024, 12:01:56 PM »
Now I don't care which format file is *.lsp, *.des, *.VLX, *.arx, *.brx, *.dll as long as it's faster than my latest revisions in *.lsp file attached in this post...
I hope I don't disturb anyone, just it's that that lisp wasn't good for my work... Now it's amended once again, to satisfy the most of cases, but it turns out that it can still make mistakes, but easily solved manually which satisfies my requirements...
Please haave a look at lisp and try to make it faster in any of those mentioned formats...

Thanks, M.R.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 08:46:48 AM by ribarm »

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2024, 01:42:21 PM »
Just saw... If you missed picking polygonal LWPOLYLINE it'll throw an error... Now fixed...

Regards, M.R.

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #292 on: March 14, 2024, 06:30:29 AM »
I've chaged a little attached *.lsp to be slightly faster... But I think that's all I can do it for timings... The rest of improvrements lies in hands of someone else... Just I don't know why no one downloaded *.dwg for comparison purposes... Link : https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=59312.msg619513#msg619513

Regards, M.R.

M.R. on Youtube