Author Topic: Saving files  (Read 5975 times)

Artisan

Saving files
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:57:22 AM »
I am looking for help on saving or converting an ADT drawing into a file that someone can open who may not have ADT.

Our truss guy doesn't run ADT, but he can open 2000 dwg's. When I send him a drawing that was done in ADT, using the walls and such, he can't see anything on the floor plan. How can I fix this? When I select the save as dialog box and choose the 2000 dwg format, it still has no effect on the ADT walls and stuff. I guess what I am asking is, is there a way to save an ADT drawing so it comes in as a regular, plan 2000 cad dwg?

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Saving files
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:09:05 AM »
If you have only one layout, you can save down to r12.dxf and then it gets rid of the intelligence. When it is next opened it just opens a vanilla acad drawing. (I think!)

Does that make sense?
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Artisan

Saving files
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:19:49 AM »
I'll give it a try.

whdjr

Saving files
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 09:29:57 AM »
He may need to install an Object Enabler for the version of AutoCAD he has.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Saving files
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:31:49 AM »
Another way, may be go to Autodesk site and search for the Object Enablers for the relevent release of ADT.
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Artisan

Saving files
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:39:33 AM »
Quote from: whdjr
He may need to install an Object Enabler for the version of AutoCAD he has.

He doesn't run AutoDesk products. They use Mitek or some other truss component program. Thanks for the info on the enabler though, we have an engineer who has the same problem now and that may be the ticket for him since he uses AutoCad